TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question.

Would it better to buy some cats with O2 hole or just buy some universals and drill a hole? I'm thinking high flow. I've seen em both ways. If not get the stock looking ones and go larger like. 2.25 or 3. Trying to keep it simple and neat. And cost effective.

Went to a muffler shop, this idiot is spewing some inane tripe of $240 A CAT! plus $125 for each O2 sensor. I must have Charms sucker imprinted on my head some where he thought.

·
SuperNewbie
2,869 Posts
The guy who did my exhaust was cool enough to use my parts that I brought in. I bought a pair of Magnaflow high flow spun cats for $120 shipped to my door. That said I haven't really seen anyones pics on here using the cats with the O2 bungs in them. I don't think its necessary. The Cats I have are working great, and they offer good space under the car.

·
Registered
110 Posts
With the high flow cats and customer placement of oxygen sensors, you will most likely get a "check engine light" for "cat efficiency below threshold" or an "oxygen sensor improper reading" code. I took care of this through customer dyno tuning. I ran those "bullet cats" on my custom "true dual" 3" system and trust me, they were not cheap. Perfect for the tight area under our cars though.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
:uppoint: I have used those universal cats in the past (on a Dodge, Jeep, & Ford) and have NEVER had a problem with an incorrect readings on the O2's...

Just my experiences, FWIW.....

·
Registered
485 Posts
IF I were Anthrax I'd get those bungs removed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts