TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MaleWhore
Joined
·
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a CEL, P0174 Sys too Lean (bank2)....now im thinking that one of the o2s is bad since i get only one code and not a P0171 also....anything else that would trigger this light?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,813 Posts
ya i think i had that code awhile back and it was my drivers side upstream 02. lol i keep forgetting which side is bank 1 and bank 2

-Matt-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
i think i had that code before also i know it was about the o2 so i didn't have the money to replace it so i just drove the hell out of it slammed the gas peddle a few times and eventualy the CEL light went off and it ran fine :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,813 Posts
death1880 said:
i think i had that code before also i know it was about the o2 so i didn't have the money to replace it so i just drove the hell out of it slammed the gas peddle a few times and eventualy the CEL light went off and it ran fine :D

wow is all i can say to this post.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,387 Posts
smokymance said:
got a CEL, P0174 Sys too Lean (bank2)....now im thinking that one of the o2s is bad since i get only one code and not a P0171 also....anything else that would trigger this light?

Hate to sound like a broken record, but have you cleaned the MAF sensor?
 

·
MaleWhore
Joined
·
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah...its clean...but this is also the sensor that got pegged once with my vortech and old motor...dont know if its gone bad now just with a N/A pi motor, but im just thinking its the o2 since only one bank checks lean....im just gona play it safe and get 2 new ones and throw in my 90mm LMAF i have waiting as soon as my tune gets here...
 

·
MaleWhore
Joined
·
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
are the secondary o2 sensors the same as the primary? i got the secondarys turned off and i could give them a try as primarys if they are still good, even though its not the best idea
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,406 Posts
smokymance said:
are the secondary o2 sensors the same as the primary? i got the secondarys turned off and i could give them a try as primarys if they are still good, even though its not the best idea
Don't know the answer, but you could swap the upstream 02s from left to right and see if the code follows the suspected 02.
Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
I had that a same code a while back, turned out the rubber hose on the back of the intake manifold had a cut in it about half an inch long (which explained the 1000 RPM idle). You might want to check that.

Tommy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,408 Posts
TMW said:
I had that a same code a while back, turned out the rubber hose on the back of the intake manifold had a cut in it about half an inch long (which explained the 1000 RPM idle). You might want to check that.

Tommy

Ditto, mine also had a huge vacuum leak that caused that code. Check for that first, it's a lot cheaper than new O2 sensors.

-Rob
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top