TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my car is really acting up now. I got it to go in the shop monday. But basically the CEL light will come on every now and then. And when it does white smoke starts coming out of the exhaust, RPMs rise, along with rough idle, hesitation, almost dies, and I cant give it any gas without it dying. I can shut off the car then turn it back on and the CEL is gone... and the car is running normal for the time being while the CEL is off. Cracked Intake Manifold? Bad sensor? I wont know the code till Monday when they diagnose it. Just seeing if anyone has any info before hand. Thanks.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, another question... I have a SCT chip in my EEC. Will i have to get another re-burn if I put in another computer? The EEC code will have to be different?

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Ok, another question... I have a SCT chip in my EEC. Will i have to get another re-burn if I put in another computer? The EEC code will have to be different?
try to find another EEC with the same code. you would have to check with lonnie to be sure.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the shop called me back. Said the code is a "PCM Memory Test Error" I didnt ask what the code number was exactly... but said that was what it was reading. He asked me if I had ever modified my computer before. I toldem it had a superchip in it. Besides that he said he wanted to let his Lead Technician look at it tomorrow... he wasn't in today. I toldem I had the chip in it for 2-3 years and it never acted up before... so we kinda ruled that out. Basically told him what you said Obucina... that the EEC might be bad and to check it out as well. We'll see what he says tomorrow. Thanks.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am having it inspected :p. Yea i know, wasted money. But I wanted to be 100% sure. Not saying you all are wrong... but sometimes I suck at describing problems.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
To test it all you need is a noid light of a multimeter. Just start the car and check each injector plug if you find any that are dead or canstantly on it's the EEC. I beleive you will always get a memory error with a chip installed

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, so wait. Reguardless I will ALWAYS get that code with my SCT chip installed??? They tried clearing the code but it comes right back. They test drove it twice and went about 15 miles each time and said it ran perfectly normal... besides the code being thrown. They never ran into the prob I was having with it. They checked other things as well and came up with nothing. I told them I would just have to replace the PCM myself if it came down to it, being that I need one with the same EEC catch code or a reburn on my sct chip. Can anyone else confirm that I will always have the PCM Memory Error Code with a SCT chip installed?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.