TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving to work and noticed my car running rougher, then the check engine light came on. I went to AutoZone on my break and this is what came up. Also I had a P01something that dealt with the IAC. I knew it was going bad, just waitin for when.

what is P1151?

·
5,650 Posts
P1151 means that the front oxygen sensor on bank 2 (driver's side) is correcting rich for an overly lean condition. Basically this means that the oxygen sensor stops providing a good switching signal at the end of a test that checks to see if the oxygen sensor can correctly report a rich running condition. It is very likely that the problem is the oxygen sensor itself. With age they tend to fail the switching tests because they can no longer read the oxygen content in the exhaust quickly. Other possible but unlikely causes are wrong fuel pressure, a stuck injector or a vacuum leak.

How old are the sensors?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really old im guessin (factory)

I deleted the codes yesterday and a P1152 came up.

·
5,650 Posts
P1152 is the essentially the same as P1151 but for a different test. Now the same sensor can't report lean for an overly rich running condition. Since both codes came up, I put money on the oxygen sensor being the problem. And since you're not sure how old they are, it would be beneficial for power and fuel economy to replace both front ones.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My A/F ratio gauge shows normal for bank 1, but for bank 2 it shows completely rich. I think the sensor is stuck on that reading. Im just gonna order one off of rockauto, unless Jason has one cheaper.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well ok new development i guess...

I deleted the code, did the same thing for a while but the A/F ratio gauge on both banks went back to normal then the car ran normally. Then BANK 1 started to run lean all the time, while Bank 2 was normal.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, erased the computer again and took out the octane plug. Bank 1 is lean and Bank 2 is normal. Its not running rough or pinging anymore.

would removing the octane plug hurt anything?

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
i think you're avoiding the issue that it's very possible that both your O2s are on their way out LOL

clean your maf, delete the codes only once more if you like....if either come back, pony up the cash and get the O2s....there is a guy on corral who is selling OEM motorcrafts for like $65 a pair....imma pick up a pair this week myself

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
i think you're avoiding the issue that it's very possible that both your O2s are on their way out LOL

clean your maf, delete the codes only once more if you like....if either come back, pony up the cash and get the O2s....there is a guy on corral who is selling OEM motorcrafts for like $65 a pair....imma pick up a pair this week myself

Once as Jason gets back I have to buy a new intake manifold and the related parts, thats $250 right there, this just kinda happened all of a sudden. Dont get me wrong Ill replace them, but buying the intake is first priority (cause its the biggest problem right now)

oh, could you link me to the thread on corral please, lol?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
found out why bank 1 was leaning out. My intake manifold warped on that side and the gasket leaked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts