TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok had the CEL and had it checked and got a P0401 EGR insufficent flow.
I first check the vacum to the EGR valve and did a vacum check on the valve itself. The EGR valve worked fine cleaned EGR tube had alot of carbon in it and I replace the DPFE sensor the CEL went out and came back on with the same code about a 100 mile later after I replaced sensor. I removed the EGR tube again and it was clogged again so I cleaned it again. Do the still make the EGR tube or do we have to fabricate our own or do I have to do this until it stops. Any suggestions.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
I'm not certain if the tube is still available or not, but I'd think that if it is, it may be a dealer-only item.

Regarding the code: the fault may be with the EVR Solenoid (EGR vacuum regulator solenoid). I don't have a 1997 service manual, so I can't send you a diagram. I know that I've replaced the regulator in my car before, and that corrected a couple of EGR-related issues. It's about $25 or so at the dealership.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you may be right snice I already replaced the DPFE sensor and have cleaned the EGR tube (removed it from the vehicle this time to clean it) and the EGR valve. That would be the next step I would think snice it controls the vacuum to the EGR valve. I let you no how I make out.
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts