TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I bought some 18 x 9 saleen wheels from brad a couple months ago. However i am not too fond with the center cap design. Does anyone know what center caps will fit in cudaz101's 5 x 4.25 bolt pattern wheels? Does anyone know of a company that makes decals to stick on the center caps? Thanks alot!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Hi there. I bought some 18 x 9 saleen wheels from brad a couple months ago. However i am not too fond with the center cap design. Does anyone know what center caps will fit in cudaz101's 5 x 4.25 bolt pattern wheels? Does anyone know of a company that makes decals to stick on the center caps? Thanks alot!
You have a PM..

First time I have had a complaint of that cap. I like it better than any of the others myself. But whatever does it for ya. If ya don't like it ya don't like it I guess...

Brad

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
I like it... if they bother you that much, just send me the wheels! :D

-Joel

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm. I'll have to look into that.

Yeah sorry about that brad... : (. I'm just not a huge fan of the center caps. I dont think they look ugly but just not my favorite that's all. Love the wheels though! I only wish i would have went with a shorter tire (245/40/18) instead of 245/45/18. But that's okay. Car looks great, atleast to me. I'm in the process of putting a 94/95 front bumper on, so i think that will improve the front end appearance. But with the busy schedule of a teenager :rolleyes: it's hard to get work done on the bumper...

Thanks alot for the replys everybody. Oh yeah sorry to complain about the center caps. Didn't mean to put it like that. I guess i meant more that i wish it looked a little a different, not so much that it's ugly or hate it.

·
Boost Happy
1,971 Posts
Hmm. I'll have to look into that.

Yeah sorry about that brad... : (. I'm just not a huge fan of the center caps. I dont think they look ugly but just not my favorite that's all. Love the wheels though! I only wish i would have went with a shorter tire (245/40/18) instead of 245/45/18. But that's okay. Car looks great, atleast to me. I'm in the process of putting a 94/95 front bumper on, so i think that will improve the front end appearance. But with the busy schedule of a teenager :rolleyes: it's hard to get work done on the bumper...

Thanks alot for the replys everybody. Oh yeah sorry to complain about the center caps. Didn't mean to put it like that. I guess i meant more that i wish it looked a little a different, not so much that it's ugly or hate it.
Whats wrong with 245/45/18?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whats wrong with 245/45/18?
I just think it looks to tall sidewall wise. Plus i would like to lower my car more. I already cut the front springs a little more than a quarter coil (eibach lowering springs) and that's about all it can go just because the tire will rub the fenders. That's the biggest reason. I hate the way the front and rear look because the car looks high off the ground. Almost like it's not even lowered. But yah cant have everything. Next time around i'll grab some 245/40/18's.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
I just think it looks to tall sidewall wise. Plus i would like to lower my car more. I already cut the front springs a little more than a quarter coil (eibach lowering springs) and that's about all it can go just because the tire will rub the fenders. That's the biggest reason. I hate the way the front and rear look because the car looks high off the ground. Almost like it's not even lowered. But yah cant have everything. Next time around i'll grab some 245/40/18's.
Those are WAY below the needed load rating of the car. 245 40 18's are like 93... you need 97 IIRC... Less sidewall = 19's or 20's.

-Joel

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
On the subject of center caps. Anyone know what size center caps fit the Superior Scoundrels Cobra R replicas? Mine didn't come with any. Its gotta be 2.25" or 2.5". I just don't know which.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Is there any other way i can get a shorter sidewall WITHOUT going 245/40? Thanks
well 245 mm is the width while the 40 is a percentage of the width attributed to the sidewall ... so, if there is a less wider tire with 45% of it in the sidewall then yea. say a 235/45/18 if there is one

·
Registered
987 Posts
Is there any other way i can get a shorter sidewall WITHOUT going 245/40? Thanks
Your car came with a tire standing 26.9" tall...Its kind of important to try to stay somewhat close to that if its a daily driver. The 245-45-18 is just shy of that height but it does not rub so its kinds of the perfect choice imo. A 255-45-18 would be a 1/10" taller and would rub a lil on the front fender well skirt "Not a biggy" and could be an issue in the rear on the fender lips being 255MM wide.

Now...You want a shorter sidewall which equates into a shorter tire anyway you look at it. Some have ran a 255-40-18 with succes short of that I would not recomend anything shorter. You are more prone to damaging a wheel with shorter sidewalls as well.

So yea...Someone said something about 20's...You possibly should have explored 20" wheel options to achieve the look you are describing.

Brad

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmm 255/40. I'll have to look at it next time. I have alot of time left on my current tires anyhow. Their only a couple months old. haha. Maybe i thought the 245/40 would look nice because everytime i go to Sacramento Raceway i see this silver Saleen Mustang (obviously with Saleen Speedstars, the real macoy however) and he runs 245/40 in the front. Which i think looks nice. But looking nice isn't as important as being safe, so i'll leave it at that. Next time around looks like 245/45 again or 255/40.

Yeah i was thinking about going with a hub swap and throw some 19's on it or something. But i'm not one for huge wheels. 20's are just way to big. The t-birds i've seen on this site with 20's in my opinion look a little to flashy. 18's are really as big as i wanna go. It's not so much the big wheel small tire combo i'm looking for. I'm more into lowering the car more, so it has a more aggressive stance. But we shall see what it looks like with the 94/95 front bumper cover on it, since my 96 bumper looks like it belongs on a intrepid or a taurus or something similar.

Has anyone had any success with running a staggered tire setup on 18's? Such as 245/45 front and 275/40 or something similar out back? Thanks alot for all the help everyone.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
255-40-18 is only about 26" in diameter... much shorter than stock. I dont think the load rating would match up either. Stick with a 245-45 or 255-45 up front. The 245/275 setup is pretty popular... a lot of people with a staggered setup go with that. Another option for the rear is 285-40.

-Joel

1 - 18 of 18 Posts