TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to be putting center caps on my sport wheels but first i need to make em pretty,

the paint on my caps are pretty worn to the point where its starting to show the yellow plastic underneath...so i need to paint em. any ideas where to get the paint to match my wheels? and what paint to use is best??

Can i get it in a spray can?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
103 Posts
What kind of wheels are you putting them on? I have some centercaps you might be able to have if you pay for shipping. They are in good condition.

Edit: Oh, and I don't know the websites name but they can color match your paint and sell it to you in a spray can. Ill try to find the website agian.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
You might try VHT SP188 Ford Argent Silver Wheel Paint. There is also a clear to go over it.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What kind of wheels are you putting them on? I have some centercaps you might be able to have if you pay for shipping. They are in good condition.
That would be awsome!
Im going to be putting them on my 16" sport wheels. Here is a pic of what the caps look like..and they are like 7" across.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Dude I have 4 of those for sale. Ill take pictures tomorrow and we can decide from there. They are in pretty good condition.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool, if they are in better condition than the ones i currently have that would be awsome! ill b looking forward to your pics. :)

·
Administrator
8,220 Posts

Only problem with using these caps is the Sport rims don't have a notch in them for removal. The SC rims do though. I found this out the hard way! :(

Joe

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hub Caps

I CAN GET CHROME CAPS FOR YOU, ALSO THE STAINLESS CAPS FOR THE 10 HOLE WHEELS WILL INTERCHANGE, And if you want the painted ones like you have, i have spares

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the offers but i just put on the ones that i had. they aren't perfect but when cudaz gets the new shippment of saleens in, which will prob be 3-5 months im gunna b buying a set. So for now im just gunna run with what i got. Thanks again tho! :)

Here's what they look like on the car, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Speaking of center caps...

There's a deal I just spotted locally for 4 16" Mark VIII wheels that I may buy to put 3 season tires on, and keep my 15" for snow tires. I haven't so much as looked at the wheels yet, so not sure if I'm going to buy them or not, but if I do, I don't want lincoln center caps on them. Will the center caps from the 16" Thunderbird Sport wheels fit on the Mark VIII wheels?

Thanks!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
should..is the center cap on the lincoln 7" diameter?

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
That would be awsome!
Im going to be putting them on my 16" sport wheels. Here is a pic of what the caps look like..and they are like 7" across.
Those caps (15" LX fanblade) do not fit first-gen SC wheels...too small...found that out when I traded my fanblades for SC wheels on my old 95...

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
A good alternative to these are the caps off of the D cup rims on the fox body mustang. They say ford on them plus they looked good on there. I have the lincon rims on the 92 and unable to change the caps because of the way they snap on. Also have the early sc rims on the 95 with needs a couple of caps because of dents or discoloration. The search goes on for replacements or alternative designs.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thank you for the offers but i just put on the ones that i had. they aren't perfect but when cudaz gets the new shippment of saleens in, which will prob be 3-5 months im gunna b buying a set. So for now im just gunna run with what i got. Thanks again tho! :)

Here's what they look like on the car, what do you guys think?
I like 'em

1 - 16 of 16 Posts