TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How difficult is it to swap my '96 center console for one of the '97s with the obviously more convenient cupholders? I'm thinking of checking out local junkyards before the end of the summer if it's not too difficult and i can pick it up cheaply in one piece.

Also, I've got the wood dash, was that even an option in '97? Gracias...

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
'97 Console conversion....

If you can find a complete unit....putting it in is
a walk in the park. There wasn't a wood grain interior
option in the '97's.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

The wood is only around the shifter....maybe i can just exacto-knife it out and glue it down to the replacment console. That would be a later decision though.

Any idea how much a complete console would cost?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
As I recall.....

buying just the upper piece, which as I recall would fit your
lower '96 frame with some minor mods in the trans hump area,
(but I can't remember what they were/are) was about $160.00
from DanN at Five Star. The boneyard boys usualy want 50%
of retail so figure the better part of $100.00, unless you
find a yard that's willing to let it go for less. You might
try the link below for one - I've had pretty good luck wth
this site on a variety of parts over the past few years....

http://www.car-part.com/

Best of luck...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today I actually looked at my car, and realized that silly wood stuff also goes around the coin trays and the ashtray area. I guess that just leaves me with a decision to make.

I do like the wood as it works well with the tan leather interior and the black dash....

Thanks for the help guys, we'll see what happens! :D

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
DO you got a picture of your interior. I got the same color and might want to put the wood trim in my car. Just dont know how it would look.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BlackTBird

Send me an email through my signature link. I just went out and took some pics tonight that came out pretty well that I can send to you. Thank the girlfriend for giving me my digital camera birthday present a little early!

I can't seem to post them on here, don't have the permission to post attachments. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
286 Posts
I am doing the same to my car so I have searched for the parts. The air duct is less then 20 bucks from five star. The top part is only 120 bucks. That is all you need to upgrade from what I understood from ford. The whole shell is almost 500 bucks though. But you dont need that to upgrade.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts