TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So can the locals fill me in on the details as far as junk yards go? Specifically, the types of yards that allow you to walk the yard, and pull your own parts? I know there is a pick & pull in san antonio...a little bit of a drive for me, so how are they? any good? How about a little closer, like Austin area? Any good yards around here?

thanks

EArl

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dallas is pretty far....San antonio has a pick & pull, but that's also pretty far away...

Any in the austin area?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
There's at least one u-pick&pull in Abilene if you need to drive out this far. I just moved back to Texas so I haven't checked it out since 3 years ago but they always have at least a few T-Birds. It's a pretty big yard. If you want me to I can check it out for you.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
It's just like any other junk yard where you have to go out into the yard, find the car you need, and then take off the parts you want. What I like about at least one of these is that you have to drive your car into the yard because the place is so huge. What I really like about that is then I don't have to carry the parts to the office.

A-1 Salvage is the easiest place to find on N. Pine but the place I like is a little bit out of town. It's called FM 600 Wrecking and it's at 9402 West Lake Rd.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have heard of the FM600 wrecking and driven by it a couple times. I didnt realize it was a pick n pull.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
What threw me off when I had to look it up is how it isn't in the phone book under auto salvage. It was under Auto Parts & Supplies Used. Of course you risk your tires when you drive in there because they won't pay for a new tire if you drive over a nail or something like that. I also won't go there if it's been raining recently because it's obviously just dirt out there. I'm looking forward to going out there soon and seeing what they have. Another cool point is that before you go in you can check at the counter which vehicles they have and where they are.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Nice if you get out there before I do let me know what they have for our cars and I will do the same.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts