TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know the availability on a CF hood for a mn12? i called the guy that suppossedlyl knows someone who can do it, but i havent gotten a return call...the only reason i ask is today my legendary cobra r hood flew up on me and destroyed the hood my windsheild and wipers..... i was doin 80 on westbound 90 when the happenned - it got torn off... stupiddd air!.... mayn i was madddd oh well any help is appreciated...

·
Registered
744 Posts
this is currently in the works:

smooth cowl hood 96/97

if you read through the mess, there are possible plans of a cF hood after the intial glass hood is made.

~next time don't forget the hood pins.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool

i know it is quite a mess but i was wondering what the status is as of the moment... is he still taking orders? have people gotten their hoods yet... i live near the addison IL area... i almost want to visit... but no carbon fiber cobra r hood huh.... just a warmed over 3 inch cowl version of the stock hood....i guesss i could live with that... by the way ive called the number for legendary and i didnt get though.... did their number change? i was considering getting the same hood again but placing a CF vinyl covering over it.... tell me what you think...

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
What would the point of that be? Just to have it look like carbon fiber? You'd just be adding more weight, and it probably wouldn't come out very good. Just have your hood repaired and paint it black, I guess...

·
Registered
744 Posts
tbirdbrain said:
A Carbon Fibre hood on a thunderbird is a sensible as eating 3 wendy's triple burgers with fries and
ordering a diet coke.
is that with or without the bacon?

·
Registered
600 Posts
I don' t see a problem with carbon fiber body panels. I would use them for racing purposes to help lighten the car further. I wouldn't get a carbon fiber hood just for looks though, I can do that with a Civic.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
misunderstood

i said that i was only thinking about maybe CONSIDERING doing that CF vinyl cover i agree that itd be a bit dumb to have the carbon fiber look without the actual weight savings... however that alternative would only be a last ditch solution if i cant find a real hood... believe me i hate honda civics too as well as the whole second forthcoming of so called 4 cylinder performance mainly because of the selection of what the import crowd chooses to make fast.... econobox pieces of you know what...i respect fast supras and fast rx7s and Skylines... but i have no acknowledgement for mitsu mirages or 200sx sentras or toyota tercels.... i cant believe that the youth of the US has been consumed by this perverted affliction for slowness and i cant tolerate that... there i said it... i had to get that off my chest but to tell you my real motivation for the CF hood is that last time i weighed in with me in the car... the scale read 3900-4000 pounds... and a hood that can take weight off the heavy nose of a MN12 is definitely welcome in my book... it just so happens that the lightest hood that i know of (well so far) is made of carbon fiber.... it isnt becuase i wanna dress up my car as an import thing.... true i do enjoy some of their style and flair but i dont celebrate it all... the whale tail spoilers that curl up at the ends are a definite no way and so are the all aluminum razor thin wings on a 1 foot pedestal....or the spinner hubcap rims... thats a classic... but the best is the stickers of proclaiming what you have on youre car when in fact you DO NOT HAVE such products...a combination of these things plus a 17 second turd of a 4 cylinder car makes for a bad representation of the import culture which unfortunately i have seen all too often.... tell me im lyin!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts