TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been looking for a sc motor or a 4.2 near me lol but i don't think there is anycause i have not found one and i have been everywhere down here so i am goin to look for another 2 weeks for a 4.2 if i can't find one then i guess i just rebuild the 3.8. any idea guys

·
Administrator
8,249 Posts
Build your own 4.2! :gotsearch :gapteeth:

Joe

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
just lots of posts on it, like joe said, search

·
Resident redneck
1,921 Posts
there's one stickied if i remember right......................

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay i got the motor half way about all i got to do is undo the motor mounts and tranny and pull it out. i really don't have much time to work on it workin 2 jobs suck but the moneys good. okay is a 4.2 block different from a 3.8 block. can i make a 3.8 in to a 4.2 with a stroker kit or do i just need to find a 4.2 block

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
4.2 shortblock, unless you can manage swapping in 4.2 internals.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
big mike said:
....unless you can manage swapping in 4.2 internals.
isn't there block interference issues doing it like that? or was that my imagination?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i am goin to rebuild the 3.8 and try and so how much i can mod it. if i can get it to run 13s it would be nice

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
ported heads, intakes, mild cam, 4.10's, high stall converter, and nitrous should get you 13's

·
Registered
121 Posts
kool well the motor is out and man the bearings in the crank where shot but it all apart now so time to seen the block and get it cleaned up and bored. and i am not runing nos on my car.

edit: it's called nitrous
-thomas

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
funny ha ha.......... i got along way to go. i don't even know where to start i got to get a crank, cam, piston, roller rockers, ported heads, headers, injecters, okay what would be the best crank for this car so i can drag it on the weekends and still drive it everyday

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
so your not gonna run nos, smart man, but if you think it might happen somewhere along the line you might wanna beef up the motor now since your in there building it up anyway.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Why is he a smart man for not running nitrous?

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
because it is less stuff to go wrong, i mean i'm all for it if that's what he wants, it's just not what i would put on my car as a first choice for a power adder, everybody has thier preferences, i like forced induction due to the fact that it is always there, it's not like the on off effect that nitrous has.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts