TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my brakes and rotors two weeks ago (Raybestos ceramic pads and raybestos prostop rotors). Now at fast speeds when I mash the pedal the car comes to s slow stop and does not even try to lock the wheels. Here's the weird thing though, when going slow about 20mph and you punch it the car stops on a dime and almost throws you out the windshield. So I'm thinking Master cylinder. There is a noticeable hiss noise when I hit the brakes.

Car also pulls to the right very slightly when the brakes are punched at low speed.

Please help!

The fluid level is normal and I've bled a dozen times.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Brake fade. I'd say get some better pads-- Hawk HPS series are great, if you can find them in your application. I got the HP+ on my RX-7, and I could not believe the difference.

PJ

·
Registered
299 Posts
You say there is a hiss? When my power booster went bad I had the same prob. When I was going slow they felt a little mushy but still stopped the car fine. But when I was going at any rate of speed they barely grabbed. My pedal was also sticking down and I had to lift it up with my foot. I would add testing the power booster and its vacuum line to my list of culprits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts