TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Changed fuel filter and FPR, still problems, delete other posts

So what is next to test here? Filter was clogged a bit but cant tell how much or if it was part of the problem

When i prime the car it still reads 0 psi have to prime it about 3 times to get it up to 40psi which is high end of normal reading for key on position. According to most car repair manuals I look at.

starting and at idle is still 30 [low end]

·
Super Moderator
5,115 Posts
Well, if you've done the filter and the regulator, all that's left is the pump itself.

RwP

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my other question is 0psi at key on ignition from overnight/cold start normal? Or should it jump to 30-45psi range as stated in manuals for this position.

Dad replaced the pump last year i believe.

I still have to take it out and test drive and do a few more starts to see if i have starting problems/random stalls.

·
Super Moderator
7,654 Posts
Is that 30psi with the vacuum line on the regulator or off?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
vacum hose off and car idle is 40 which is again at the low normal end according to specs
vaccum hose on and car running idle is 30 which is low end of normal

checked some of the spark plugs and the look good

goign to try some dry gas and fuel injector cleaner in my next fill up.

·
Registered
613 Posts
So basically the complaint is the pump doesnt get the 2 second prime cycle at key-on

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well it could be unless that is normal and i am reading way to much into it. I just cant find any info on what is normal for first second third key on primes.

just key on, and idle start readings it doesn't specify

Put in the "iso-heet" water remover product see how that works.

So far while driving no random idle/driving stalls nor starting problems

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
as well any diagnostic computer reader device i can hook up to my car while i drive it to see if it spits out any error codes, or a way to test the spark plugs and fuel pressure while im driving?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts