TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the steering rack yesterday and I took it around the cul de sac for a test and Its all good but the upper steering joint under the dash has play to it, and I think the point where the 2 telescoping shafts meet under the dash has a little play too. I replaced the lower flex joint with a flaming river solid joint. I could hit the junk yard and grab a stock replacement shaft but is this part going out common? I really want to fix the problem not band aid it. Suggestions?

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
I thing I forgot to mention in my PM.....the very top joint where the intermediate shaft meets the end of the steering column, it is a universal joint there as well....check that also for slackness...

you can see it in the pic below....
it is to the left of the steering wheel...

·
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
badbird that U joint has a bit of play to it. I also hear a sort of clicking now coming from the shaft.

Id like to replace that upper U joint plus the shaft with the break away point in it. I have about 10" left over of the 3/4" DD flaming river shaft. Anyone know what U joint would fit the bill?

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Here is what the stock steering shaft end looks like that is at the end of the column....

Here is the joint....

Here is what I did to my new shaft on the end.....I made it fit the joint, rather than try to gring the cast iron joint...

Hope this helps..

·
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes it does, I at least have a clue how to proceed thanks for the effort nick

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
no problem....lemme know if you need another pic or something..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts