TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah the bearing in my idler pulley is howling at me and its got dimples in it so i need to replace it and i wanna do it myself but i need to know where the belt tensioner is so i can take the belt off

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
under your air conditioner pump

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
hope you got guns for arms. that tensioner is tough to swing up. im pretty sure its an 11/16" bolt. a little advice: dont start your wrench or ratchet from the 6 o'clock position and rotate the tensioner. if you do, the tensioner will swing back past where it was with the belt on and your wrench or ratchet will get pinned up against the k-member, and will be tough to remove from the tensioner bolt. start your wrench/ratchet from around the 4 o'clock position.

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Mike, you must have a strong spring in your tensioner. I can move it, and my 16 year old daugher can do it, too.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was bout to say it wasnt that hard i pulled it and took the belt off by myslef. but anyways the bearing on the stock pulley was shot to he-l-l and the wheel had dimples in it. picked one up at the junkyard on the way home from school =]

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
yeah, when you are a little guy like me, easy jobs for other people can be tough for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts