TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently did a lot of work to my splitport setup months after I installed it. We rebuilt the fuel rail and installed an adjustable pressure regulator along with a new C&L MAF tube with a sampling tube size of 19lb. But I believe the injectors we put into it are actually 21lb. a small difference I would suspect is unimportant (correct me if I am wrong!). What I am wondering is when I cut off all the old injector plugs and soldered on the new ones for the 21 lb. injectors I never considered the difference between the 2 types.
So the question is:
Having never had a problem before, is it possible that the new injectors will fail someday due to the fact that the impedance is different. Is there anything to consider when changing from a high to low impedance injector, or vice versa?

·
Administrator
8,255 Posts
I don't believe there is a difference in the impedance at all. The newer injectors are a pencil style and have a different connector from the older style injector.

Joe

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
yeah there's no way you have low impedence injectors from a split-port. You dont get in to low impedence until about 60lb's

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good to know, Thanks Guys.
I guess its just bad, or dirty. I can't hink of anything else right now.
I am getting a misfire on cylinder #2 and I am running out of ideas as to why.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Using the wrong impedance injectors will probably not harm the injectors, but it will damage the ECU. Just FYI.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts