TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my one car 1995 4.6l sometimes runs at the high end of normal when it use to run in the middle sometimes it goes lower then normal not much i watch then back up into norm what is causing this change in oil pressure?

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Ok, real quick (I'm goin to bed!)...the sending units like to go bad on these cars, this does not mean just stick a new sender in there and hope for the best. Check the pressure with a real gauge, if it's good then replace the oil sending unit. Better yet, do the oil gauge mod in the tech articles under 5.0L section (works on 4.6L) or just get an aftermarket gauge or infocenter or whatever. BTW< oil pressure really does vary with engine speed, oil temp, etc. The stock gauge is fake, you can make it real (see above).

Oh yeah, goodnight!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Also...the slip on connector sucks...and has a tendency of connecting randomly...thus random readings. Terminate the connector with a lug to the unit and make sure the lug is touching and doesn't vibrate. My connector used to rattle around and give false readings, now it just slips off all the time...I should take my own advice...LOL!

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts