TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any good ways of doing this? It looks pretty stinking tight in there. I figured I would ask the modular experts here and see if there are any tricks. Thanks in advance!! :D

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I would take out the motor mount bolts and raise the engine till the tranny hits the floorboard. Make sure you have the hood open when doing this. That should give you an extra 1-2" to work with. Good luck and let us know what you end up doing!
-Rob

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Rob said:
I would take out the motor mount bolts and raise the engine till the tranny hits the floorboard. Make sure you have the hood open when doing this. That should give you an extra 1-2" to work with. Good luck and let us know what you end up doing!
-Rob

I would say a NO NO to that because I think it's more of a pain... You can do it with the engine on the mounts, just try and get a longer adapter for you to reach and also buy that Spray to make the bolts easier to get off, its called PB Blaster (I think). I had to do that on my 03 Exploder, because I put the wrong gasket, so It was easy ones you know were the bolts are...

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Removing 2 bolts for 1-2" more clearance is a pain? It's freaking bad ***. Also makes oil filter changes completely effortless. Then again, depends how tight it is in that area. I never changed the expansion housing gasket while the engine was in the car.
-Rob

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was initially going to bump the motor up as Rob had suggested, but after looking at it I kinda got started on another idea. I just removed the power steering pump, and then it was pretty easy. :D Just have a 10mm reversible (offset) gearwrench along with the normal tools, and it's just nuts and bolts. Thanks guys!! :cool:

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Pimp. I'll keep it in mind if I ever have to change my gasket. Thanks man
-Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts