TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to swap my the supercharger on my 1990 with one from a 1994. Has anyone else tried this?

I'm wondering what parts I'll need besides the 1994 supercharger, throttle body, intake and other plumbing. Someone mentioned that I'll need the 1994 injectors? Is this correct?

Eddie
1990 SC
1997 LX 4.6 with sports suspension package

·
Registered
123 Posts
Do you have the 94/95 intake plenum?The 94/95 blower has a rectangle shaped intake and will not mate to the early model intake...just swapped my 90 for a 95......easy swap,nothing special needed,unless you want to upgrade.If your car is an auto,you will need to swap the EGR block plate from the old blower to the new one as the 90 auto didn't have EGR...other than that just reroute the vacuum lines.
Good luck,
z

·
8,239 Posts
I would send the new blower to magnum powers for a magneport before I put it on the car. Money well spent.

JH

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

What kind of performance increases did you see, or feel, by switching the superchargers?

I have an overdrive supercharger pulley on my 1990 SC and plan to switch that one to the 1995 supercharger. Would that be too much? Or should I get my hands on a stock 1990 pulley for the 1995 supercharger?

Eddie
1990 5-speed SC
1997 4.6 LX with sports suspension package

·
Registered
127 Posts
BlackThunder said:
Or should I get my hands on a stock 1990 pulley for the 1995 supercharger?

Eddie
YES, that option listed above. Will be close to a 5% on a late model SC!

Before you bolt it on to your SC, make sure you have free flowing exhaust systems FIRST, or the Head Gasket Monster will be visiting!

Calvin

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I purchased the 1990 SC about two months ago. It has a 2.5 or 3 inch stainless steel Borla (hope I spelled that right) exhaust system. It's a mover. I'm excited about the 1994 supercharger. I also ordered a set of 1.8 roller rockers.

Eddie

1990 5-speed SC
1997 4.6 LX with sports suspension package

·
Registered
278 Posts
swap it for the eaton M112. i know some GTP guys who've done it and it works awesome.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
JJanney said:

Will not work without major modifications.
The M112 will not fit over the fuel rails. The only way the GTP and SC are even comparable, is that they are both Supercharged 3.8L engines. The GTP engine sits sideways and is not intercooled. So much for comparison.

The only real way you can get the M112 to work is if you fab up a custom lower and a whole lot of other custom equipment. And, if you're going to do that, you might as well just go with a Kenne Bell as they are more efficient than Eatons.

Oh, and you can do a search about this over on SCCoA. I know they've talked about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts