TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install factory option 15 inch chrome wheels on a car with the sport suspension option that came with 16 inch wheels.My question is can it be done and what is involved to do it.

·
Registered
799 Posts
yes it can be done,,,,, just ubolt the old wheels and put on the newones...

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Sport suspension car should have the 11.6" front rotors, 15" OEM wheels will not clear. You would need to downsize the brakes to use those wheels.

cheers
Ed N.
not always. some sport optioned cars got the regular brakes.

·
Administrator
8,167 Posts
The original poster has a 97, so it has the larger brakes. No go on the wheels bud! :(

Joe

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I already tried, back wheels no problem.Problem lies with the front.They will lock down when tightening the front.I have a new set and contimplated downsizing brakes and that way I could switch wheels back and forth.May still consider changing brakes just doesn't seem cost effective.I just really like the wheels and like staying OEM on wheels.

·
Administrator
8,167 Posts
Anything's possible - just swap spindles w/rotors and calipers from a non-sport! lol
Spindles can stay!

pwd0502, you can go the PBR route and swap the calipers. Do a search in the Brakes forum, it's been covered quite a bit.

Joe

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Do the pbr upgrade and get some good ceramic pads it's really simple; bleeding the brakes is the longest part.

·
Banned
998 Posts
To go from sport to PBR you would have to also switch to the non-sport rotors then the OEM wheels will just fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts