TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may not know but our Chapter Director, Joel Bender, has been in the hospital for the past few days. This last round of chemo really kicked his @ss. I want to send him some balloons and "manly" flowers and thought it would be awesome if it came from the North Carolina gang.

So with that said we're taking up a collection for anyone who would like to jump in on sending him our "Get Well" wishes. This offer goes out to anyone outside of the NC Chapter who would like to donate as well. Donations can be sent via paypal to [email protected]. We will collect until 8am Friday (June 17th) morning and then place an order. Thanks and please keep him in your prayers.

Heather and Shane

·
Banned
538 Posts
Thanks a lot guys, Im here with Joel 24/7 and this will really help cheer him up. He has been doing a little better since he has been in the hopital. So hopefully he wont been in there too long. Joel is really sick and anything anyone wants to do or anything is greatly appreciated. Joel is a really great guy and he will appreciate any words or encouragement as well.

·
Resident Gun Guru
672 Posts
Money sent...........

Tell Joel we miss him............Ken

I'm interested in going to Charlotte and visit.............when would you be going ? I may just drive up on my own.......Is he in Carolinas Hospital ?

·
Banned
538 Posts
He is at Lake Norman Regional

·
Banned
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you so much to those who have given so far. I know this will make his day.

Heather

·
Registered
724 Posts
Those flowers don't look very "manly." heh But its hard to find masculine flowers...

I sent in some money just in the <i>nick</i> of time at 7:20 AM today.

I will try to make it out there today after work.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Send him some strippers!

Hey peeps! Long time... send my regards to Joel as well!

Oh, Kodiak Chick, I owe you ten dollars! I'm going to be sending it in the mail tomorrow! (It was for the stickers I ordered, but wasn't given directions on how to paypail it)

How's everyone else? I hope y'all miss kickin' my arse at the track ;)

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Hey guys, finnally able to get a stable internet connection again....grrrr adelphia.......

I am at home, and doing alot better right now, the latest MRI's show the some parts of the tumor have decreased a bit in size, of course in relation to what they were, definatly good news. I was really dehydrated and hadnt eaten throughout the chemo cycle, which is about 3 weeks long, so it really took it out of me, right now I have to still have help getting in and out of my chair, bed, you name it. But I am working on that and getting better, I'll try and keep in better touch

·
Registered
513 Posts
Stay strong brother!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts