TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a charcoal canister, right?

While replacing the front brakes I noticed that mine has a huge hole at the top and the round knob looking thing is broken off. The one in the picture is off of my '93 parts car. (5.0) I am assuming that they are the same as they are identical on the outside. I am just wondering if these things go bad. I am asking because the '93 has >150k miles on it and it is pretty greasy on the outside, I am wondering if I would be better off buying one new.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now that I have actually pulled the one from the '95 I can see that they are different on the outside.

However, I still wonder if they are compatible or am I better off getting a new one anyway.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
I would wager they are compatible at least I can't think of anything that would prevent you from using the 93 as long as you can adapt the hose connections

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The hose connections are identical, too. I went ahead and bolted it up but I won't be able to find out if it makes a difference until I get my brakes done. There is nothing like starting a brake job thinking that it will only take a couple of hours, only to find that you have banjo bolt problems and have to wait until Monday to get them from a Ford dealer. :bangwall:

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
I've been there and done that on my wifes explorer earlier this year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts