TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 tbird with the 4.6L. and I just got it running after the winter. I had installed a new intake manifold and got it running. I was driving to the next town (about 10-15 miles if that) and about half way home it died on me. found out the battery was junk. so I replaced it with the optmia. battery is good and then it did the same thing. so I had the alt. checked and Autozone said it was good but Napa said it was bad...lol. so I got a new one from AZ and problem still wasn't solved. belt tension is good, everything that I can think of is good. the old alt. was replaced on July 6th of 07. any ideas?! lol

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Maybe your battery cables? Can you get the car running at all? Also i think there is a signal wire that turns the alt on. Maybe that wire isn't telling the alt to do the right thing. I don't have my schematics right in front of me but I want to say its the white wire on the alt harness.

Zero

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have a 96 tbird with the 4.6L. and I just got it running after the winter. I had installed a new intake manifold and got it running. I was driving to the next town (about 10-15 miles if that) and about half way home it died on me. found out the battery was junk. so I replaced it with the optmia. battery is good and then it did the same thing. so I had the alt. checked and Autozone said it was good but Napa said it was bad...lol. so I got a new one from AZ and problem still wasn't solved. belt tension is good, everything that I can think of is good. the old alt. was replaced on July 6th of 07. any ideas?! lol
Are the battery terminals corroded and have they been cleaned at all?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts