·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indeed. I will spend the coin if its worth it. If not, I may still buy all the braces from SCP. I need to get some stuff done with that for my car though, I plan on keeping it for a long time and I feel like keeping the chassis a little stiffer will help with the longetivity of the car.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think im going to shoot them an email and try and get some more info. I will let you guys know what I hear from them.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a reply from them:
''Yes that is an installed price since most of it is welded and custom fitted to each car.

John''

Understandable, I will probably just end up doing all the braces from SCP so I can do them myself.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Wow! thats expensive, I'd just go with the SCP braces. Anybody else notice the double x-pipes?
Yeah it's popular with the mark viii crowd, thanks to Geno.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wonder what the advantage is? I used to have a Mark VIII but I just ran a single X on it.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
wow, i could install through the floor subframe connectors and an 6 or 8 point roll bar for a little more than that!

·
The Parts Guy
7,297 Posts
I plan on producing SFC's that you can install yourself for substantially less than that by this summer.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Considering our full roll cage cost a few hundred more than that installed, I'm not sure the value of paying $1200 for a bunch of chassis bracing.

-g

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Up The A$$

hELLO

WoW

Also I see that kit as a bolt on. Not worth anything near what they are asking.

Find a oval track builder, Show him the pictures and get it done.
Probably due it for 1/2. just don't tell him the cost.

:D

·
Registered
742 Posts
Hey I was wondernig if anybody is running this on any of thier cars? I had been planning on buying some braces from SCP but I wanted some reviews on this. Obviously its listed for a Mark VIII but I think it would fit on an MN-12 as well. Let me know what you all think.

http://templeperformancecars.com/online-store.html?page=shop.browse&category_id=48&TreeId=9
I'm curious if the Terminator front bumper cover was ever released. If it was, I'd seriously consider buying a MK8 someday...and seriously consider ditching the DOHC setup for either a SOHC 4.6, or a pushrod V8.

Aside from that....taking a look at the pricing....I'm kind of glad I don't own one of these cars.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
I'm curious if the Terminator front bumper cover was ever released. If it was, I'd seriously consider buying a MK8 someday...and seriously consider ditching the DOHC setup for either a SOHC 4.6, or a pushrod V8.

Aside from that....taking a look at the pricing....I'm kind of glad I don't own one of these cars.
What's your gripe with the 4.6 DOHC. I love everything about my 2v to 4v swap. I couldn't imagine intentionally getting rid of one unless you have some deep rooted spit with them.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
What's your gripe with the 4.6 DOHC. I love everything about my 2v to 4v swap. I couldn't imagine intentionally getting rid of one unless you have some deep rooted spit with them.
DOHC to SOHC? I wonder if it's been done. Most swap engines to replace, or gain power, not to lose it. Unless of course you have a current beastly SOHC setup that you would drop in place of the DOHC.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts