TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is to clutter up the misc forum with miscellaneous drivel.

Since we no longer have the feature that was added the last time they fucked up the forum, lets just try it here.

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to have to figure out how to use IRC in the modern era; it's been since win98 days, lol.

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chatzilla don't work with new firefox, but it works great in Waterfox, which I also use.

FF changed the plugins, so it forked; waterfox is the fork.

I'm on and registered.

Isn't the server in Ralph's basement?

We're back in someone's basement again, lol.

I remember when the TCCOA server was in Will basement, running on a computer with lower specs than my gaming machine, lol.

·
Super Moderator
4,886 Posts
Isn't the server in Ralph's basement?
Actually, depending on WHICH Nightstar server you hit, it's more likely in Australia or New Zealand ... :)

RwP

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This has me wondering if newsgroups still exist somewhere. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,886 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Some new things aren't always better than the old.

However, I do like how fast and snappy this new platform is compared to the last one.

·
Super Moderator
16,740 Posts
I do quite like the new attachments layout. Images are no longer are confined to a section below the text, which means we can now lay out our posts in the way we used to with photobucket, with text above or below each picture describing what’s going on. I also like the choice between thumbnail and full size for it.

Considering Photobuckets move hurt message boards so badly this is really the perfect solution. I still hate the left side of the banner, peephole avatars the cryptic menus and the sidebar to the right, but this encourages me to go and fix some blurry PB posts. :)

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I use other forums that do this; I think it's great.

I will go thru my threads and see if I can fix the photos that are now missing; I finally got my TV computer back up.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
The Honda forum I'm on uses this same platform, so me using it now isn't as big a "shocker" to me as it was back then when AG moved the Honda forum to this platform.

·
Administrator
7,996 Posts
Taking a little time to figure things out, never been on a platform like this. Some administrative tools I need to look for where it was easy on the old one.

Old guy will figure it out!

Joe

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I loved the corporatespeak reply to the cursing filter thing.

I always said, if you're not paying, you're the object.

Now, even if you pay, you're the object.

·
Super Moderator
9,138 Posts
Pulled out the banhammer this morning on my first spammer... that was more fun than it should have been, lol. I wonder what safeguards this new platform has against that type of thing...?

Also made jpegs of the Jerry's Thesis Word document I typed up back in 2011, and posted them in the article thread. I'm on the fence about taking all that down if we get the old articles section back - part of me says "no" if only because support for Flash content is quickly vanishing in the HTML5, plugin-hating web world of today, and eventually even the originals won't load on up-to-date hardware.

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, no ****. :)

The motherfucking cursing filter is back, but it's about as effective as snot.

It can't be removed AGAIN because it might "Impede the search engine optimization" bullshit.

Nice to see they're going to be driving the adoption to this 20yo platform to assholes who don't curse.

I haven't heard them suggest the creation of a "Safe Space" for dewadding panties, but it's probably coming.

·
Super Moderator
9,138 Posts
On a brighter note, picked the T-bird up from the local body shop after they massaged out the dents where the dude backed into me a couple months ago. Looks as good as new. :)

Another couple weeks and it's off to the second body shop for the winter, for rust removal and restoration round 2.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts