TCCoA Forums banner

561 - 580 of 630 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #561
Take lots of marshmellows, and stuff to make smores. :)

The biggest part of camping to me is making a fire; if that's out, a flashlight will work; as the battery dies, the fire goes out, right?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Camping is out this weekend. My in-laws forgot that Sunday was mother's day and already had other plans, lol.

Camping will instead happen the following weekend.

As for marshmallows and smores and whatnot, this was from when we broke quarantine last weekend. That's my daughter enjoying her first smores at the inlaw's property.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Anyone else wonder if that's a bot bringing some of these years old thread back, lol. I'm guessing if he said he's tossing the parts of not claimed 7 years ago they're no longer around...

·
Super Moderator
10,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #565
CD's, you are so lucky we don't require the uniforms anymore; that was the trigger, or a 2,000 post count.

Anyone have a pic of the old uniforms?

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,350 Posts
Anyone else wonder if that's a bot bringing some of these years old thread back, lol. I'm guessing if he said he's tossing the parts of not claimed 7 years ago they're no longer around...
I have many of those parts, and yes, the rest were tossed in 2007, I personally placed a few at the curb lol

The thread bumpers are legit according to IP addresses so unless the provided number is a sneaky way to get us to call a sex hotline that inexplicably exists in 2020 I’ll lazily assume they’re real. I’m not going to check to find out!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Well, I clicked on the "achievement" I received earlier today. This is what it's about.

Apparently, the last one is 500 reactions (likes) on your posts.

·
Super Moderator
10,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #569
I found the link to the Uniform thread, lol.

All the pix are gone, of course. :)

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
So my order from Summit is supposed to arrive today. It consists of the -3an hose, the -3an fittings, and the flywheel bolts. Can someone tell me how this package is 62lbs?! 6lbs, sure. 62 though?! WTF? :unsure:

Oh yeah! The replacement clutch fluid reservoir arrived today as well!

I found the link to the Uniform thread, lol.

All the pix are gone, of course. :)

AAAAAaaaaaannnnnnnnnnddddddddd the link's dead.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Package received, and it's definitely 6lbs or less. It feels like 3lbs, TBH. I'm sure FedEx got a bit of coin on my order from Summit. Not my problem though, lol.

·
Super Moderator
5,084 Posts
Yesterday we got our first EveryPlate box with three meals for two.

Tonight I did the Cowboy Skillet Pie.

It was delicious.

I did need to use more salt and black pepper in cooking; I tend to cook bland and salt and pepper afterwards, since my wife tends to ***** about "Too much salt!!"

But it was good!

Side note: If you check it out and are interested, hit me up. There's a code that gives you $20 off your first box, and gets me $20 off my next box; or don't hit me up. I'd like to save the money, but eh, it ain't worth anyone getting pissed about it :sneaky:

RwP

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Not sure how many of you guys are Star Wars fans or at the very least enjoy their entertainment factor. I for one am somewhere in between huge SW geek and avid watcher of their content. I follow their TV and film content, but haven't read any novels or comics. I do however read commentary from the actors and writers about existing content as well.

Anyway, I wanted to say that today I finished Star Wars: Clone Wars through Season 7. The second half of the season was simply OMG! I definitely have questions about the characters, but no way to really find answers without getting into books / comics.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,452 Posts
I find the films satisfying enough, I've never been enough of a follower to watch the TV spinoffs or read any of the novella. Of course, we don't have any of the streaming services either. Kind of a catch 22.

I still have 20 pieces of trim to paint and install before I can call the basement project finished and have the inspector come and sign off on it. It's probably a day's worth of work, honestly, but I just don't feel like I care about it right now. I'm almost at the point where I'm finding the motivation to go and do it... but before that, I'm getting ready to head up to the airport to practice a few landings. With the state loosening up a few of the guidelines we're able to do "non essential" things - recreational flying among them. :)

·
Super Moderator
17,350 Posts
To me only the original trilogy are cannon, all else is fan fiction. I’ll be honest, though it’s not as controversial an opinion anymore, I thought the sequel trilogy sucked and kind of burned me out on all things SW. The Prequels were better as dumb popcorn movies and legitimately fun to make fun of. The Mandalorian brought me back from the brink, the space junk aesthetic with space as a Wild West setting is my favorite part about Star Wars, and way way too much focus is placed on the Jedi/Sith lightsaber wizardry in everything else. My least favorite part of the Mandalorian is Baby Yoda because there was too much Jedi ****, but overall it recaptures the darker dystopian mood the original trilogy had, that the sequel trilogy fumbled after TFA(and even that was “eh”)

What made the first SW and Empire so great was the force was so mysterious and unexplored. Luke didn’t use it until the very end when he made the shot into the deathstars butthole! And in ESB he was basically a hack learner, he knew a few neat tricks but still got his hand lopped off by Vader on cloud city, and in every other scene it was the rest of the forceless protagonists(minus Leia, who was oblivious) trying to flee the forceless empire in a janky ass ship with a busted hyperdrive.

Clone wars? 7 seasons of cartoon version spun off of what is arguably the worst movie of the entire franchise is just something I cannot subject myself to. I have many friends who watched it(I think it started when I was still in high school actually) and I’ve heard many cliff notes of it, so I don’t feel inclined to either. But when I was oh so sarcastically reminded by my cousin that Darth Maul was alive, and that the scene at the end of solo wasn’t as I called “******* stupid implausible cheezy fan service that made no god damn sense in the context of this movie”(my exact words I texted lol), I got the scoop on his character in fact not dieing by being cut in half, disemboweled and falling 7 miles down a shaft on Naboo, but being preserved by his anger 🖕🙄🖕. I went from being indifferent towards Clone wars to resenting it from that moment on lol.

But yes I’m probably a Star Wars geek, I know way too much about it, even if it’s loathing😂

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Yesterday we got our first EveryPlate box with three meals for two.

Tonight I did the Cowboy Skillet Pie.

It was delicious.

I did need to use more salt and black pepper in cooking; I tend to cook bland and salt and pepper afterwards, since my wife tends to * about "Too much salt!!"

But it was good!

Side note: If you check it out and are interested, hit me up. There's a code that gives you $20 off your first box, and gets me $20 off my next box; or don't hit me up. I'd like to save the money, but eh, it ain't worth anyone getting pissed about it :sneaky:

RwP
I recall reading an interesting section in the cookbook Salt Fat Acid Heat
A small amount of salt during cooking can actually enhance the flavor MORE than a lot more salt after cooking.
I never really used salt while cooking (growing up, it was mostly soy sauce). I have since learned that when the flavor tastes "flat" (aka not very complex), I should throw a little more salt than my typical inclination into my sauces/etc while cooking and the flavor gets a lot more complex. The rest of this book wasn't that memorable but this section stuck with me.
See page 20

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
To me only the original trilogy are cannon, all else is fan fiction. I’ll be honest, though it’s not as controversial an opinion anymore, I thought the sequel trilogy sucked and kind of burned me out on all things SW. The Prequels were better as dumb popcorn movies and legitimately fun to make fun of. The Mandalorian brought me back from the brink, the space junk aesthetic with space as a Wild West setting is my favorite part about Star Wars, and way way too much focus is placed on the Jedi/Sith lightsaber wizardry in everything else. My least favorite part of the Mandalorian is Baby Yoda because there was too much Jedi ****, but overall it recaptures the darker dystopian mood the original trilogy had, that the sequel trilogy fumbled after TFA(and even that was “eh”)

What made the first SW and Empire so great was the force was so mysterious and unexplored. Luke didn’t use it until the very end when he made the shot into the deathstars butthole! And in ESB he was basically a hack learner, he knew a few neat tricks but still got his hand lopped off by Vader on cloud city, and in every other scene it was the rest of the forceless protagonists(minus Leia, who was oblivious) trying to flee the forceless empire in a janky ass ship with a busted hyperdrive.

Clone wars? 7 seasons of cartoon version spun off of what is arguably the worst movie of the entire franchise is just something I cannot subject myself to. I have many friends who watched it(I think it started when I was still in high school actually) and I’ve heard many cliff notes of it, so I don’t feel inclined to either. But when I was oh so sarcastically reminded by my cousin that Darth Maul was alive, and that the scene at the end of solo wasn’t as I called “*** stupid implausible cheezy fan service that made no god damn sense in the context of this movie”(my exact words I texted lol), I got the scoop on his character in fact not dieing by being cut in half, disemboweled and falling 7 miles down a shaft on Naboo, but being preserved by his anger 🖕🙄🖕. I went from being indifferent towards Clone wars to resenting it from that moment on lol.

But yes I’m probably a Star Wars geek, I know way too much about it, even if it’s loathing😂
With the prequels, I like to say that they have horrible acting throughout (especially Phantom Menace) but have an excellent story line. Better acting would have made these movies far better. The Clone Wars TV series takes place within EPII and EPIII. Season 7 even encapsulates part of EPIII directly, which I found to be amazing how they tied it all in.

In the Han Solo movie, IMO, it flopped because Disney fired the original director and had to re-shoot several scenes in order to have it fit into the vision of the second director. From a timeline perspective, the Solo movie takes place several years after The Republic has fallen and Darth Maul is still leading his crime syndicate. For what goal at that point in time, I don't know. During the Clone Wars, the goal of Maul was to take on The Repulic, but when he encountered Darth Sidious, he realized at that moment he had already been beaten to the punch and it was only a matter of time before everything came together.

·
Super Moderator
17,350 Posts
Funny thing is I have probably watched the prequels more than the original trilogy, and I have to say you are right, the story is good. Acting, pacing, dialogue, directing, cinematography, sets, CGI, not so much. I think that’s what’s so frustrating about them, they’re fun to make fun and debate about of because you can almost see potential for greatness through the noise.

Solo would have been exactly 1,000% better if it were just Jabba the Hutt in that hologram rather than Darth Maul, pointlessly spinning his silly double ended lightsaber. It came off as just the lowest common denominator level of fan service I could have imagined before the thought occurred to me “wait, he died, wtf!” Referencing clone wars cannon in the film franchise was way too inside for those of us who really don’t venture outside the 10 or 11 movies for backstory, especially when the source material from is a kids tv show on a kids tv network, they may as well reference plot lines from the video games.

And I overall enjoyed Solo, besides that scene and some cliches and contrivances - “you’re alone, well then we’ll call you Han Solo!”😐 - It didn’t contradict anything from other movies and it was a fun watch. Oh and the romantic motivation, SW just plain sucks at handling this, it was such a forced plot point in Solo and is the biggest drag on the prequels too with Anakin and Padme. Just let Han Solo be the greedy pirate fans want him to be, not motivated by love and scorn heartbreak. It’s as annoying to me in this movie as “Han shot second” in the special editions!

561 - 580 of 630 Posts