TCCoA Forums banner

41 - 60 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have the blower. And I can push the engine back.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Reason Im asking is cause I cant find ANYTHING on the damn block except the 5th main wasnt cross bolted and it has an SBF pattern. I cant find anything else on it, found one person who supercharged one in a 92 CV but blew it up because he didnt tune it right, and he went to a 4r70 with a 96 cobra engine after that so still no real idea

·
Super Moderator
16,817 Posts
I don’t think the lack of crossbolted fifth main will compromise the block integrity much but the 5th cap has the bosses, the block just lacks the cast bosses. You could probably drill holes and cobble in some spacers but I don’t think it’s necessary, it’s just like the 94-95 MN12 blocks and there have been some strong builds using that block. The internals aren’t as good as later years though.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I was planning on either using a cobra crank with coyote rods or getting a new assembly off of summit. But again for the power an SVO is good for I could probably leave the stock crank and use the coyote rods with new pistons.

Dont know for sure yet. I dont want it to have a crazy amount of power, though. I want it to be more factory. As if there was a 96 Super Coupe and it was a v8 instead of a v6. Really just wanna build something nice after the two shitbox builds, and the failed 1st attempt on the 96.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Cut off my Netflix DVD mailers - yes, I had it!! - last night but kept the streaming portion of Netflix. The wife and I had been talking about it for some time but never got around to it. Last night though, Disney+ dropped. For $4 less per month, we get a whole lot more content. And if we want to drop in and actual DVD, there's Redbox.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,817 Posts
Yeah I gave up on renting physical media a few years ago, streaming is so much more convenient. And to be honest I hate the rental experience since Blockbuster stores went bust, vending machine rentals are about as exciting as vending machine food. Easier and about as expensive to just buy stuff from the bargain bin or ebay for keeps.

although, I’m already fatigued from Netflix streaming, there’s two things I want from Disney+ and one of them was stripped from an app I already had(simpsons world), which annoys me. It’s going to end up like cable where I have all this crap I’m paying for to see a small handful of things I care to watch

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Disney+ has a ton of stuff I want to watch. I just don't have the time to watch most of it. Say for example 30 seasons of The Simpsons....

All the Star Wars stuff is going to be awesome as well. And now that Disney+ has launched, it's only going to be a matter of time before that same content gets pulled from Netflix. Also, season 7 of Clone Wars and The Mandalorian.....yeah. :)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,175 Posts
I just buy the stuff I want on Blu-ray and say "let the streaming wars begin" while I eat popcorn and watch. Used Blu-rays are pretty cheap now that people are dumping their collections in favor of streaming. Quality is better than streaming, and they can't take them away from me when they get into a rights dispute with the content providers. Plus these streaming distributors are spending more of the subcribers' money on original content which I really don't have an interest in... Fortunately for me the stuff I want is pretty limited. I was never much on TV content, so it's pretty much just movies.

But, I digress. To each their own - my priorities are different than theirs, clearly. :)

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
We buy new movies on Ultra HD now, they usually come with a digital copy also. Throw away the boxes.

Disney+ was $70 for the year - the kids have been watching all the old cartoons .. I've managed one episode of the Mandalorian so far.

Netflix, I watched El Camino .. and Stranger things. Otherwise its not really my thing.

Cable .. Ill usually catch the HBO / Starz series, just finished Gemstones and now Watchmen.

Also have subscriptions to Xbox Live and Nintendo. Its great now you don't even need to go to the store, you just download the game .. no need for boxes or collector items.

I just don't have time for all of this entertainment.

·
Super Moderator
10,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Note to all you northern guys; there a chance you might get to see the northern lights tonight.

It's going to be visible as far south as Chicago, so anyone close to that latitude might be able to see them on the horizon.

There's a minor geomagnetic storm going to his, so it's worth looking for.

They usually look like green or red curtains, hanging in the air, moving a bit.

They will not look this cool:

Also, on Thursday night between 11pm and 1am, there could be a meteor storm, south and east of Orion, in Monoceros.

:)

·
Super Moderator
10,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Lol.

I apparently have the same weather; it did hit 60 today, so I'm not complaining.

I've seen the northern lights twice, here.

That's Really rare, and takes a big solar storm.

·
Super Moderator
16,817 Posts
It’s always been like this, every celestial event that has occurred in my lifetime has happened on cloudy nights here, not to mention the light pollution of the area on clear nights.

Chicago area is not the place to be if you’re into astronomy!

Lol.

I apparently have the same weather; it did hit 60 today, so I'm not complaining.

I've seen the northern lights twice, here.

That's Really rare, and takes a big solar storm.

·
Super Moderator
10,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Matt, that and Rust are one more reason to move South! :D

Tennessee is almost a rain forest, some parts of the year.

But I get lucky, occasionally.

I tried at least 20 times to see Halley's Comet, back in the 80's, and always had bad weather.

Then one night at a party at the lake everything just happened to be clear, I had my binoculars, and got to see a little bitty yellow line that was the comet.
I thought that was cool, I'll be 98 when it comes back, lol. (2061)

The Comets Hyatuke (March 1996) and Hale-Bopp (1997) were really cool, I even have photos of them.

Cd's, those guys are my local AZ reps, I think. :)
And that other one explains why my identity has never been stolen, lol.

Want to make the Counter guy lose it?
Ask for "Jack oil". Lol. (Wasn't me, but I was there.)

My counter guys hide when I come in; but the cute chick loves the comissions, so she'll deal with the "I need a waterpump for a 02 gran marquis, a gatorback belt for a 96 Cougar, an air filter for a 02 mustang GT..."
:D

·
Super Moderator
10,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Vic, long time no see!

How do you like the new outfit? :)

It's prettier than the old one, lol.

How's the car?

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
I got a Volvo on the right side of the screen wtf is with that

car, its still on the back burner, my Roush mustang has been taking up all my time. Tbird may never get put back together.

·
Super Moderator
10,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I don't see that, I use Adblocker, and NoScript. :)

Nice Roush; sorry to hear about the bird, but it's hard to keep these going.

41 - 60 of 202 Posts