TCCoA Forums banner

581 - 600 of 630 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,084 Posts
S4gunn, I just need to watch my sodium according to the doctor; so I cook light on the salt.

But you're right; it's like seasoning into the ground meat before you make patties, or seasoning while cooking, or seasoning after it's done for burgers or sandwiches; it takes the least if it's in it before you even make the patties.

(I tend to ground mustard in there and some seasoned salt, along with a few other spices, when doing burgers here.)

RwP

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Funny thing is I have probably watched the prequels more than the original trilogy, and I have to say you are right, the story is good. Acting, pacing, dialogue, directing, cinematography, sets, CGI, not so much. I think that’s what’s so frustrating about them, they’re fun to make fun and debate about of because you can almost see potential for greatness through the noise.

Solo would have been exactly 1,000% better if it were just Jabba the Hutt in that hologram rather than Darth Maul, pointlessly spinning his silly double ended lightsaber. It came off as just the lowest common denominator level of fan service I could have imagined before the thought occurred to me “wait, he died, wtf!” Referencing clone wars cannon in the film franchise was way too inside for those of us who really don’t venture outside the 10 or 11 movies for backstory, especially when the source material from is a kids tv show on a kids tv network, they may as well reference plot lines from the video games.

And I overall enjoyed Solo, besides that scene and some cliches and contrivances - “you’re alone, well then we’ll call you Han Solo!”😐 - It didn’t contradict anything from other movies and it was a fun watch. Oh and the romantic motivation, SW just plain sucks at handling this, it was such a forced plot point in Solo and is the biggest drag on the prequels too with Anakin and Padme. Just let Han Solo be the greedy pirate fans want him to be, not motivated by love and scorn heartbreak. It’s as annoying to me in this movie as “Han shot second” in the special editions!
I can understand how frustrating the Darth Maul cameo would be in Solo for less avid SW fans. Him showing up would definitely be a "WTF, he dead!" moment for those not having seen the CW animated series.

At the same time, all of the various TV shows and whatnot do explain obviously blatant holes left in the movies, for example Maul showing up at the end of Solo, lol. Or, why we never see Ahsoka in EPII and EPIII movies. Or the backstory of Senator / Chancellor / Supreme Leader / Emperor Palpatine.

And now, I bet you're asking, "Who's Ahsoka?" lol. Well, watach the CW animated series :p

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,350 Posts
See, I don’t think the good movies left any plot holes, the stories were told well enough for the audiences imaginations to connect the dots - which is a problem with the prequel stories, as they introduce plot holes that were never there - like R2D2 having never to be used again rockets, C3PO being built by Vader, midichlorians, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Anakin’s apprentice backstory that conflicts with old Obi-Wan’s story told to Luke, Padame being alive for Leia to remember etc.

I had a perfect idea of exactly what happened pre episode IV based on the events of the original trilogy. The Emperor weaseled his way into power ala Hitler and Nazis, a (clone)war happened, Jedi were a secretive group of knight like figures who protected the republic in the shadows, there were only rumors of these people, Obi-Wan, a Jedi Knight met Anakin as a young (talking 18-19 military service aged, not 10) hotshot republic pilot who was unknowingly strong with the force and took him under his wing, the Emperor became aware of him and seduced him with the Dark side. Padme was just Anikin’s side piece he knocked up, maybe royalty, maybe a servant of royalty, who knows, who cares? Oh and Uncle Owen? Legitimately Luke’s uncle and Anikin’s blood brother who grew up together.

The prequels screwed up that perfect holeless head cannon. Introduced the up to now unheard of but crucially important to Anakin’s discovery Qui-Gon Jin, made Anakin himself a product of a Jesus like immaculate conception, discovered at 10 years old, Obi-Wan didn’t like him, contrary to “and a good friend”, Padme was a Queen and Senator (because girls should buy Star Wars toys too!), the secret mythical Jedi have a gigantic motherfucking temple everybody knows about in the middle of the city planet, the Jedi are sexless boors who are hired as ambassadors for the republic between sith uprises, and only train very young kids to be Jedis in a creepy catholic priest sort of way.

I don’t need more unnecessary shoehorned in backstory into this time period lol

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
So what you're saying is, if the prequels were written in a way that meshed well with the originals, you'd feel far more content? Acting aside, of course, lol.

·
Super Moderator
10,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #585
Far Cry5 and the add on New Dawn are on sale on Steam; so If no one hears from me for a week I'm probably OK.

Everyting you want for <$50. I hope it loves me long time; the version I bought gives me the 50 cal sniper rifle.

:)

·
Super Moderator
5,084 Posts
Have been trying the EveryPlate menu for a change from "What to fix tonight? I dunno ..."

Tonight was Chicken Sausage Orzotto.

·
Super Moderator
5,084 Posts
That was delicious!

I'm liking what we're getting.

RwP

·
Super Moderator
10,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #588
Are you now a Spam-ad-AI meant to make us {FAT|Skinny|SVELTE} i.e. Leslie?

Or a demonic curse meant to pollute our precious bodily fluids?

o
ff topic: I love Slim Pickens.

·
Super Moderator
5,084 Posts
Hee!

Your Precious Bodily Fluids.

Naw, I'm just proud of how good it looks. AND TASTES!

RwP

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I can't wait for this project at work to be done. All the hard part is over and done with, but the crossing of the T's and dotting the I's is just getting annoying AF at this point.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Getting a new set of wheels and tires for the 96 after the 89s ones done. The Focals are going on the 89, so looking for a new set. Was going to get a some ESR 3 pieces that were being sold used, but they werent the right size. Posting the ones Im looking at and the car as a refresher, since I havent posted anything about it in a year. Car is also going to get re painted, going back in forth between a couple different golds. Dont want to take away from the cars personality, but I do want a color thats less "beige" and has a bit more metallic to it.
20191012_213042.jpg
Driven_D716L_Silver_MachFace.jpg
GF9_HS.jpg
RC9-GLOSS-GRAPHITE-3a.jpg
alloy-wheels-rims-tsw-avalon-5-lug-gunmetal-brushed-face-20x10-face-700.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Why not paint it Pearl White? It's not quite "beige" and has some metallic flare in the paint color because of the Pearl part.

As for wheels, I like the 3rs set you've listed.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,350 Posts
Stock photos never tell the story, wheels that look deep and concave invariably end up flat and dull with our offsets. I had the last style wheels in charcoal briefly, the 10” rears had a nice curve to the spokes but the 8.5” fronts were just so dimensionless.

the second to last wheels look like my old 10th anniversary cobras with extra spokes

·
Registered
498 Posts
Why not paint it Pearl White? It's not quite "beige" and has some metallic flare in the paint color because of the Pearl part.

As for wheels, I like the 3rs set you've listed.
Cause then I feel I changed its personality. It no longer looks like the car I grew up with. I want it to be a gold based color, whether it be Tiger Gold, Aztec Gold, Lime Gold, or Galvanic Gold.

If I decide to paint it properly, the gloss white one might get painted pearl white.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think something along the lines of the third set would like nice, but would recommend staying in the silver or machined color spectrum. Depending which color you paint the car the grey may look odd. I actually liked the Champagne color on the 94's. My brother had a Cougar in that color with tinted windows and it looked really fancy yet sporty.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Has anyone else been getting a "your connection is not private" error trying to get onto this site? Ive never had that on this page before

·
Registered
498 Posts
Plus keeping the color in the original spectrum can let you get away without doing jams inner trunk, underhood etc to match. Nothing turns me off of a car more than pulling up the carpet and seeing a completely different color than it is outside
Under hood is black, I painted that on the first swap I did. Jams and under the trunk will be matched, I have to fix the seam sealer in the trunk anyway. I put some silicone there in the mean time and its stopped the water getting in but it looks like ass.

·
Super Moderator
12,423 Posts
Has anyone else been getting a "your connection is not private" error trying to get onto this site? Ive never had that on this page before
This one? Yup. (Screen shot Recorded May 19, 2020 at 5:36 PM.) I think it has something to do with the security certificate issue that Ralph identified.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Has anyone else been noticing the price of gas moving up slightly over the last week or two?

Gas at my preferred gas station here by my work was at an all time low of $2.45/gal about two weeks ago. I went to fill up gas again yesterday and gas was $2.55/gal. The two gas stations down the street from my house, gas was at an all time low of $2.75/gal and this morning I noticed gas was at $2.99/gal.

Looks like the OPEC+ of reducing oil production is coming through to the gas pump now as increased fuel costs.

581 - 600 of 630 Posts