TCCoA Forums banner

601 - 620 of 630 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
I don't think it even has anything to do with that. I think it is just that people are out and about more than they were. When all this lunacy started, there were practically no cars on the road (at least around here), so obviously the demand for gasoline had dropped like a rock as well. Now traffic levels are pretty much back to normal (again, at least around here), so demand is coming back up, which is going to drive the price back up.

·
Super Moderator
5,084 Posts
MadMikeyL, CDsDontBurn - I think you're both saying the same thing (demand is closer to matching supply or even possibly outstripping it!) but from the two sides of the coin.

RwP

·
Registered
170 Posts
Gas went up $0.30 a week ago in Iowa. I'm paying more for E85, too, which makes no sense. It went up $0.60 or so. I can verify corn prices aren't up that much...

·
Registered
498 Posts
So whats everyone used to fix their breaking nylon vacuum lines? Ive started seeing spools of the stuff at parts stores and I want to try something with it.

My 96 barely runs at this point cause its lines are cracked and every set I try to pull off a stang either was different or cracked trying to remove it. Plus I know the 89s gonna need new ones when I put the motor together

·
Registered
498 Posts
Just my luck. The things that shouldnt break break, and the stuff that breaks is in good shape but missing

·
Registered
498 Posts
Im sorry but I miss the old chat box. This is bullshit

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Id post a picture but I cant get my phone to link to my laptop. I decided to be cheap and learn me about steering racks. rockauto had a rebuild kit along with inner and outer tie rods on sale about a month ago. Got everything for $30 plus shipping. Ended up that just the inner and outer rods were bad but at 180k it didnt hurt to change seals.

·
Super Moderator
10,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #611
When you're trying to get a new rack, or even thinking of repairing one, there is a certain rack you want to look for.

The answer is buried in Matt's thread. :)

·
Registered
2,550 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Not properly.

Theres a special puller youre supposed to use to do it. I didnt use that. Ill link the 3 videos I used to prepare. First two are in spanish, but the guy is working on a rack similar to our cars. He has the proper tools. Second is a guy working on a toyota rack. He used sockets, hammers, and screw drivers. I used his methods.

Now what these guys did in 30min to 1 hour took me 4 and half hours. I struggled. Alot. But got it done without marring anything. Plus I saved $60.

·
Registered
498 Posts
It did that for me too. I think the socket got crooked(i was using a wobble extension) and dug into one side of the seal but Im still not sure cause theres about no room for it to do so. But Im not complaining.

Out of the 4.5 hours, atleast half was trying to get that one out. If I decide to do this again, and with how inflation is going I probably will, Im getting the proper tool.

·
Super Moderator
10,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #617
If I buy a 93 Teksid engine for a shortblock, I need a 94-95 front cover to match it, right?
I seem to remember a hole that shoots water...

Lazarus is getting ready to break something, so I'm looking at easy options. :)

Doing the whole 4V swap takes too many parts I don't have; refurbing my heads is relatively cheap, and I have everything to do that.

I need a donor block, so I might as well buy something I can Grow into, lol.

I may get my **** together, and actually build the Teksid up that's in the garage; but buying one that's already assembled seems much easier, lol.

Any differences in compression (in marks) over the years?

·
Registered
170 Posts
If you have time and resources, why not build what you have sitting there? If that's your end goal, do it before you can't.

·
Registered
498 Posts
If youre just looking for a quick fix Id just throw in a PI motor from a Vic or an Explorer. Then maybe toss a vortec on it.

601 - 620 of 630 Posts