TCCoA Forums banner

801 - 820 of 895 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #801
I have 2x 8mm bolts drilled thru both sides and tightened. :)

The rubber had separated, so I liberally applied Black RTV to all surfaces/openings near the rubber, and tightened it up to the mounts, then tightened the 8mm bolts down.

It's not solid, but it doesn't seem to move much.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,502 Posts
I have 2x 8mm bolts drilled thru both sides and tightened. :)

The rubber had separated, so I liberally applied Black RTV to all surfaces/openings near the rubber, and tightened it up to the mounts, then tightened the 8mm bolts down.

It's not solid, but it doesn't seem to move much.
Rather than RTV burn out the rubber and use 3M window weld in its place, I’d like to do this with a spare mount. Polyurethane in a can

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
I've got this 99 F150 that was given to me. I've replaced all front suspension/steering components and got new tires. Now that the front is quiet I can hear the rear axle bearings. It's 4.2L with a rebuilt 4r70 and a 3.31 open rear. I'm curious what you guys would recommend. Do I fix what I have and keep the 3.31 open or do I look for something like a 3.55 TL? What trucks would be good donors for an upgrade on what I have?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Google search 1998 f150 4. V6 rear end swap. I found a Ford truck forum that may be more helpful. It does appear the 4.6l trucks for the 8.8 like yours, but 5.4 trucks got a 9.75" ring gear. Maybe worth a truck to the JY to find one of those.

Or just find a fox mustang with a TL carrier and build one to put in your housing. I don't know if that's enough difference in gear to make it worth while. The TL would be nice though

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I gorged myself on donuts this morning. Now it's lunch time and I'm not hungry. Good thing?

·
Super Moderator
5,131 Posts
I gorged myself on donuts this morning. Now it's lunch time and I'm not hungry. Good thing?
Next time eat the donut holes. I mean, they have no calories, right? :p:D

RwP

·
Super Moderator
12,550 Posts
Wow! Miracles do happen. Glad you got them. Those look great and will really firm up your ride.

I could use a set but I wouldn't send payment until I had pictures of them sitting in a box with my address on the outside ready to ship AND then tracking confirmation from USPS or UPS or FEDEX that they were actually in their system.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Agreed and I'd give a deadline to see said package and tracking. Although now that I've seen the Alum ones a guy is selling on The FB page, I have mount envy. I think these will be good as I'm looking for a fun all around car.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #812
You know, it'd be a shame if someone took calipers to those, and posted the results.

·
Registered
234 Posts
If I could get my hands on a Caliper set, I would like to post those so someone could verify the fitment for me🤔

·
Super Moderator
7,663 Posts
Harbor freight sells cheap dial calipers.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,502 Posts
There’s not really a clean procedure for it, the box is plastic welded in top and bottom halves with the Evaporator a permanent fixture. Even the dealer service replacement method is to cut a giant hole in it to R&R the evaporator and cover it with a piece of plastic you seal back over it with.

If you pull the whole thing out of the car though you can chisel the halves apart to do it, just make sure the vent doors are in their proper placements inside before sealing it back up

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I'm looking to clean up my cars a bit. Picked all this up but I'm unsure what is the order I'm supposed to use these.

All I know is that the clay bar is first.

801 - 820 of 895 Posts