TCCoA Forums banner

921 - 940 of 1025 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
An entire generation of Thunderbirds just "written off" like that. Hella scary.

Would have been an epic April Fool's joke though, lol.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have found I search for Thunderbird and get better results than searching for parts for Cougar. It's not fair:cry:

·
Super Moderator
5,168 Posts
I have found I search for Thunderbird and get better results than searching for parts for Cougar. It's not fair:cry:
Me too.

Which actually isn't a big deal for anything major mechanical, and only matters for the rear body.

RwP

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,624 Posts
The “mistake” that caused that was Advance out of the blue now has submodels grouped in the model name, and I only selected ‘Cougar‘, which never existed without LS or XR7 behind it in MN12s and late foxbodies. It’s bizarre how 2/3rds of aftermarket replacement parts get year ranges wrong yet they got so picky about this in the vehicle selector!

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
A few questions regarding axle nut, PN W707772-S441

Q1: Is this nut the same one we need on all 4 corners or are these specific to the front or back of the car only?
Q1a: If the latter, what PN is needed for the opposite side of the car?

I remember reading a few posts sprinkled throughout the forum here that there is a nut with a "casing" of some sort. The above mentioned nut does not have this "casing".

Q2: If the PN I've used not the right one, what do I need on all 4 corners?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Tbh I re use the old one.

You can get new ones. Iirc the thread is m24 1.5.

Ive been an ass and bought new axles because they come with new nuts, take off the nuts, and then return the axles because they arent the right size.

Which is 100% true when you bring in an SC big axle.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Then why are certain people adamant about buying new ones?

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,569 Posts
They're listed in the FSM as single-use only because they are crushed slightly when new to lock when torqued the first time. I've never had an issue with them backing off in the dozen or so times I've had wheel bearings/hubs replaced on the various MN12s/FN10s I've had in the past...

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Gotcha. Now what about the other question?

Are there different PNs for the axle nuts for front and rear?

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,624 Posts
Technically speaking the only thing that gets slightly crushed is the cage holding the thin layers of nut discs to form an elaborate lock. As long as you can still use a socket on it I see no reason to replace them.

I don’t remember the part numbers but the front and rears are different, but as far as I can tell the only difference is in finish, the rears are a silver zink and the fronts are black oxide. Only reason I think they’re different is because the fronts are sealed under a dust cap and the rears are more exposed to the elements

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
These are some awesome memes

My FB page has an album of nothing but memes. They're public for your viewing pleasure .

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
So the guy I'm buying the aluminum subframe bushings from later this week is local to me, lol.

So epic! 😀

·
Registered
603 Posts
So I got banned from another Tbird page on FB because I called them petty for banning someone else because he swore in a video.

Im glad I got banned I dont need to be in a group like that.

Anyway how yall fuckers doing?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
The main one? Or another one?

921 - 940 of 1025 Posts