TCCoA Forums banner

1181 - 1200 of 1277 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Thunderbird LX 3.8
103 Posts
I was so attached to my 2005 Freestyle. I bought it a few months after separating from my soon-to-be ex and it got me through two of the hardest years of my life. In January I found out the transmission was going and it's not something you fix (CVT which nervous me LOVED driving because it didn't shift... Just smooth, smooth, smooth!)

For a while my brother was planning to take it to fix himself, so the poor thing sat in the driveway for months and when I was having T-Bird issues, I had to get it jump-started and drove it, and it was just as good as gold. Finally donated it to a local ministry while the Bird was away waiting for her head gasket. It wasn't a pretty car, but so useful and just comfy and good at everything (not to mention it was the closest thing I had to a life partner 🤪).

·
Super Moderator
5,235 Posts
In re the announcement of Victor Malvar passing, here's a recent post from SCCoA by David Neibert:

FYI....Victor's wife, Diane Malvar will be continuing to offer support to the SC community and will be keeping Spinning Wheels SC open. Their website is currently down.
To get in touch with Diane you can either call 352-209-4349 or email [email protected]

Thanks, David
RwP

EDIT: You'd think I could spel my urn nym propuhle ...

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Last night I found the contract paperwork for my HVAC loan. Nowhere in it does it state "subordinate" or "lien" in it anywhere. I got off the phone with them about 10min ago and they state that they do not report their loans as "second mortgage" or "placing liens against a property" because their loans are considered personal loans.

I tried arguing with two different people that all I was requesting was an email stating that the loan can be subordinated. They rebutted stating that there is no need for them to do that since it doesn't specifically state in the loan paperwork that they place a lien on a property. They further stated that if this loan is being shown as a "second mortgage" or "lien" type loan on my credit, that it is the credit reporting bureau's fault for "mis-reporting the loan". I told them that a credit agency isn't going to report anything incorrectly. I told them that a credit reporting bureau is going to report what was reported to them, and that by me going to the credit reporting agency(ies) to correct this was going to simply result in a lot of finger pointing leaving me running around and finding no solution.

Benji Financing / Renovate America can go fuck themselves.

I may have to pay off that $4k loan after all....

·
Registered
341 Posts
They further stated that if this loan is being shown as a "second mortgage" or "lien" type loan on my credit, that it is the credit reporting bureau's fault for "mis-reporting the loan"
It wouldn't state Subordinate on your documentation, but it should state that it is a lien.

You are correct, it's very likely the reporting agencies are just reporting what it is given to them. I would call them to verify just because the loan company sounds like they suck to deal with and for the off chance the bureaus are putting the wrong type of data on your report.

I'd also report back to your loan officer and let them know you were advised it was not a lien. They can check the records in your county for liens on the property. They are likely assuming based on the credit report.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
How do I go about checking with the credit reporting agency? Do I have to pull my credit on like creditreport.com or something?

If the credit reporting still shows it was a lien and county records show a lien, then what legal options do I have against the HVAC loan company?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Have any credit cards or bank accounts that give you free credit monitoring? If not, you'll have to find one you like. The one above is fine.

If there is a lien and your documents do not state there should be, they need to remove it. The mortgage company can likely provide some leverage for you. They likely have been in a similar circumstance before. Unfortunately a lawyer is more costly than the loan. Worst case you pay the loan off and they don't release the lien. Again you legally may be in the right, but could cost you.

Lean on the mortgage company for help. They want your deal, they should help.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Yes I do have free monitoring with my bank and CCs. But what do they provide besides a credit score? I always thought that the reporting was back end stuff and the front end of what we see is the credit score.

I'll check on the mortgage company to see how they can help.

If I had the cash to burn, I'd take them to court over the principle of the matter, and even have them pay my legal fees, lol. But I don't, so it'll probably just remain and this company may do it again to another person seeking financial assistance for a home improvement.

Reactions: Zep5.0

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
It wouldn't state Subordinate on your documentation, but it should state that it is a lien.

You are correct, it's very likely the reporting agencies are just reporting what it is given to them. I would call them to verify just because the loan company sounds like they suck to deal with and for the off chance the bureaus are putting the wrong type of data on your report.

I'd also report back to your loan officer and let them know you were advised it was not a lien. They can check the records in your county for liens on the property. They are likely assuming based on the credit report.
You should be able to see liens on your property here:

You can get the full credit reports from each of the 3 agencies (more than just the score) for free from annualcreditreport.com
NOTE: Don't trust me that I'm giving you the right link. Go to this govt website and follow the link from there.

I'd pull one at a time and check. If you see it on one, then you know it might be an issue on all three. If you don't see it on one, check the others.

I used to do this on a regular rotation (different agency every 4 months) but now with that most everyone has had credit info stolen (thanks Equifax for losing customer data for 150M people in 2017), IMO it's safer to keep your credit permanently FROZEN and then only unlocking it when you need it. Frozen means balances on existing credit lines still get updated (so adverse info b/c of a screwup on my part can still be reported) but no one else can open up a new credit line under my name. It's a little inconvenient but I'd rather live with inconvenience than trying to figure out how to unfuck my credit.

·
Registered
642 Posts
That genuinely made me laugh.

Trying to think of what to do with all these parts now. Maybe theyll go on the 90 SC, but that one has rust troubles too. Though not as bad, and its spots are concentrated.

I dont really want to get another project car. Having the space to actually walk in the garage is really nice.
Time will tell.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
That genuinely made me laugh.

Trying to think of what to do with all these parts now. Maybe theyll go on the 90 SC, but that one has rust troubles too. Though not as bad, and its spots are concentrated.

I dont really want to get another project car. Having the space to actually walk in the garage is really nice.
Time will tell.
You could take this pandemic time as an excuse to take a cheap flight and drive back to NJ.
We don't have rust out here (well, maybe the OR/WA cars)

Nice but you would need to fix it up before driving home

Not a project

·
Registered
642 Posts
You could take this pandemic time as an excuse to take a cheap flight and drive back to NJ.
We don't have rust out here (well, maybe the OR/WA cars)

Nice but you would need to fix it up before driving home

Not a project
My guy Im 4 drinks in already dont flash those in front of me, I might actually do it

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Have any credit cards or bank accounts that give you free credit monitoring? If not, you'll have to find one you like. The one above is fine.

If there is a lien and your documents do not state there should be, they need to remove it. The mortgage company can likely provide some leverage for you. They likely have been in a similar circumstance before. Unfortunately a lawyer is more costly than the loan. Worst case you pay the loan off and they don't release the lien. Again you legally may be in the right, but could cost you.

Lean on the mortgage company for help. They want your deal, they should help.
So I spoke with my loan officer (?) about the situation this morning. She told me that this information is going to be on the title which was ordered earlier this week. She should be receiving a copy of the title sometime next week.

So, it seems like there are ways to get passed this bump.

You should be able to see liens on your property here:

You can get the full credit reports from each of the 3 agencies (more than just the score) for free from annualcreditreport.com
NOTE: Don't trust me that I'm giving you the right link. Go to this govt website and follow the link from there.

I'd pull one at a time and check. If you see it on one, then you know it might be an issue on all three. If you don't see it on one, check the others.

I used to do this on a regular rotation (different agency every 4 months) but now with that most everyone has had credit info stolen (thanks Equifax for losing customer data for 150M people in 2017), IMO it's safer to keep your credit permanently FROZEN and then only unlocking it when you need it. Frozen means balances on existing credit lines still get updated (so adverse info b/c of a screwup on my part can still be reported) but no one else can open up a new credit line under my name. It's a little inconvenient but I'd rather live with inconvenience than trying to figure out how to unfuck my credit.
Thanks for the link. I did not realize such information was available!! I've already gone through it for my home and there was nothing that I found that said "lien". So, this is promising. I'll be passing on this information on to my loan officer and see if she can use it somehow.

My guy Im 4 drinks in already dont flash those in front of me, I might actually do it
You should totally do it.

Reactions: Zep5.0

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
So on FB TCCOA page, I nonchalantly put up my SCT XCALL-II for sale after the news that LaSota won't support me on a tune. LanceDFW seems like the best option for me TBH.

Anyway, I didn't think about the SpeedCAL part. Does it need the SCT for it to work? Or will any tuning software work for it in order to make my speedo work?

Now, I have a guy who picked up on my nonchalant post and has PM'ed me on my sale and is asking how much I'd let it go for.

·
Super Moderator
12,908 Posts
Speedcal will work independant of tuning software.

Reactions: CDsDontBurn

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
My cousin just called me telling me that my oldest of cousins is in hospice and not expected to make it passed the night.

This is a total surprise for me. He is 50yrs old. I was told by cousin that he was diagnosed with an aggressive lymphatic cancer just two weeks ago. And in typical fashion of my family "telling everyone" I got forgotten about because I live the furthest away from everyone.

I'm both sad for my dying cousin and mad at the rest of my family for just now telling me.

·
Super Moderator
12,908 Posts
Wow, so sorry to read this. God bless him. I'll be 50 in a few months. 50 is way to young to go.

Yeah, it sucks being left out of the loop especially on something as important as that. Were you close with him?

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
I wasn't particularly close to this cousin, but he's still family.

1181 - 1200 of 1277 Posts