TCCoA Forums banner

1481 - 1498 of 1498 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,728 Posts
Haha, yeah - she likes the color combo and deep red is her favorite color. We weren't "quite ready" to get the replacement car with our savings, but I happened across it while just checking the market and realized it was a pretty good find. We had enough anyway so after seeing and putting the car through its paces, we agreed it was the one. Not having to deal with dealer shenanigans was also a plus for me.

From what I've read so far, supposedly the new Li-ion batteries are not too shabby. Fortunately I understand what wears them down fastest being an IT nerd, and a friend (who also owns a 17 Energi) told us it should have a 10y/100k warranty. The mother in law also has a '10 hybrid and it's still running very well.

I was a little skeptical of performance with it being a 4 banger and weighing every bit as much as a loaded MN12 - but it responded surprisingly well relative to my expectations getting up to freeway speeds. The 150k fluid change interval on the CVT also was a pleasant surprise.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
My daughter is all into this show called "Glitter Force".

She's such a pre-teen, lol.

·
Super Moderator
13,178 Posts
Yup. They fuckeried with it again. I got some notification about it but clicked it closed there might be a skin to get back what we had. I haven't found it yet though.

Found it. Go to the three dots next to your avatar at the top right corner of the screen. Select "View Mode" from the drop down list and select "Comfort Mode".

Reactions: dDUBb

·
Super Moderator
5,286 Posts
The forum looks different again, and not in the way any of us asked for 🤷‍♂️
Yup. They fuckeried with it again. I got some notification about it but clicked it closed there might be a skin to get back what we had. I haven't found it yet though.

Found it. Go to the three dots next to your avatar at the top right corner of the screen. Select "View Mode" from the drop down list and select "Comfort Mode".
Can't leave well enough alone, can they.

Can't fix what's broke either.

I wonder how they justify this long term to themselves ... I'd not be able to lie to myself that much!

RwP

·
Registered
476 Posts
It's a beta according to the notification. I'd say beta is there wrong term. Sucks is more appropriate.

·
Super Moderator
5,286 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
The forum looks different again, and not in the way any of us asked for 🤷‍♂️
It's across VS's entire platform. Two other forums I visit owned by VS had the same "facelift".

Reactions: RalphP

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,728 Posts
Facelift, or maybe.... disgrace-lift? :)

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I just figured out how to change it back, Ironically the one we were used to is called “comfort” because tech people deliberately make new things uncomfortable 🙄
I actually like this new styling. It separates everything a bit making posts not "blend in together".

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
When posting from Tapatalk app, you can't tell any difference whatsoever.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've known about this new card view for a few months because of some ranting that I contributed to in another forum that got converted by VS earlier this year. It's pretty underwhelming to be honest and it shouldn't have taken this long to release. I can put together a forum theme in less than a week if all my time is dedicated towards it.

The readability of this new view is a little better, but it's still aesthetically disjointed.

I expect nothing from VS and somehow I'm still disappointed.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I expect nothing from VS and somehow I'm still disappointed.
That. That right there is a real low bar that won't ever get jumped over in which many of us here can agree to.

1481 - 1498 of 1498 Posts