TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently browsing through some parts over at RockAuto and came across a wholesaler closeout for Motorcraft AS-83-G Rear Shocks 10.49 a piece, they also have the AS-1030-G's for 13.57 a piece, on stipulation is they have a 30 day warranty that is all. These of course are older part numbers that have been superseded, but they should work fine.

I just received them last night and haven't installed, or even taken a close look at them as of yet. My current rears have 70K on them, and aren't really bad yet, so I'm not in a race to throw them on. I order them figuring it wouldn't hurt to have an extra set on hand. Plus for 20 bucks I figured even if they were junk it was worth the risk. Just throw it out there if anyone else is interested. Link is below.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1198795,parttype,7556

·
Administrator
7,997 Posts
Good find and let us know if you stumble across any more closeouts! :thumbsup:

Joe

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Man that is a good price. I wonder if those are the same motorcrafts I put on last year.

EDIT: I guess they dont sell sport shocks?

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Good find and let us know if you stumble across any more closeouts! :thumbsup:

Joe
I know its kinda late, but I scored a set of front lowers(Dorman brand), for around $27 a piece if I remember right. No, they are not the best to be had, but autozone in town wanted $108 for the same piece.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man that is a good price. I wonder if those are the same motorcrafts I put on last year.

EDIT: I guess they dont sell sport shocks?
When I first glanced at the part # "sport shocks" was the first things that popped into my head since the number sequence is similar, but unfortunately they aren't. I'm guessing they are from the same general era/manufacturing run since the socks are stamped made in Spain, which is where the original sport replacements were produced if my memory service me correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts