1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
This C7 "driver-centric" cockpit reminds me of the Gen 5 Supra.

I saw a new Viper @ CES and asked them to pop the hood. It's a gorgeous engine bay.
-g

·
Super Moderator
11,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do like the chisled lines.

The stingray logo looks like the new Battlestar Galactica Cylon raider. - Those of you who are sci-fi nerds like myself will see the similarity without having to look it up. :tongue: ... although they both also resemble a stingray itself which was the point after all...

The tail lights aren't that bad... although they're just a variation of the Camaro tail lights.

IDK what to make of the quad exhaust pipes :confused: I can't decide if I like it or hate it. I'm leaning towards not liking it.

·
Super Moderator
16,822 Posts

I saw a new Viper @ CES and asked them to pop the hood. It's a gorgeous engine bay.
-g
Reminds me of the 90 C4 interior way more

The tail lights aren't that bad... although they're just a variation of the Camaro tail lights.
Problem is the new Malibu uses a variation of those lights too and when they become common, they're going to look cheaper and cheaper. A bad quality the Corvette has only recently begun to shake.

·
̇
3,702 Posts
At least it doesn't have that stupid hood window.. :rolleyes:

It's nice to see the stitched Leather & Carbon Fiber in the Interior..IMO..It looks classier than the predominantly plastic look of previous years..

Still not a Corvette fan, but it's an improvement..

Rayo..

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I would be proud to have this in my driveway! Its a little big but that is okay!

·
Registered
179 Posts
The headlights make it look like a new Cadillac which would make me rather buy a CTS-V. I'm not digging the taillights either, they could have kept them more roundish. The C6 rims are better looking but these are my opinions. Overall I'll grade it a (B+)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Whats up with the tail lights. Too busy to design new?? looks like they stole them from the Camaro. The OLED configurable instrument panel is cool. The interior does look nicer than the older models.

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
I don't hate it like I thought I would. I like it better after seeing the concept as opposed to drawings. It's definitely not the worst thing they could've done, but I still don't think it's quite as badass as the C6 is.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Be better if it looked more like an original stingray with the rear split window

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Be better if it looked more like an original stingray with the rear split window
Agreed. A Corvette is supposed to have pop-up headlights and pronounced wheel arches, of which this has none.

Find it funny that for the Corvette to keep up GM just keeps trying to make it lighter to make up IMO its antiquated engine design. Carbon fiber and 16V only work if its a 4 cylinder and not a 380CID V8.

Better than the out going one maybe, but a C3 is better.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
There is an extremely ugly body kit for the c6 the "stingray" to me, that's what the exterior looks like. The similarities between the Toyota and the c4 interior is unbelievable. That said, I like that sort of "driver-centric" dash design, the 94-97 MN12 is similar as well as the Oldsmobile Aurora.

Overall, I don't like it, the C5 was the last "real" vette, I like everything about those, same goes for the C3.

·
Super Moderator
16,822 Posts
Pop up headlights would be awesome. I never liked the C6 the minute I saw ugly boring exposed headlights on it. C3s are where it ended for me, right about where they killed the last Stingray.

One thing I'm glad to see is that they abandoned the bubble glass for the 13. They added that in 78 and it was ugly then and it's been ugly ever since.

·
Super Moderator
11,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pop ups are junk! I can't believe you said that. :eek: :zpuke:

I also hate the T steering wheel with the egg shaped air bag. I prefer an H design on a steering wheel like the MN12 where I can hang my hand at the bottom of the wheel when I want to.

On a positive note, at least they put the tach. in the center of the instrument cluster instead of the .... how do you say it Matt? "Utilitarian" giant speedo smack in the center of the console ..."

·
Super Moderator
16,822 Posts
Pop ups are junk! I can't believe you said that. :eek: :zpuke:

I also hate the T steering wheel with the egg shaped air bag. I prefer an H design on a steering wheel like the MN12 where I can hang my hand at the bottom of the wheel when I want to.

On a positive note, at least they put the tach. in the center of the instrument cluster instead of the .... how do you say it Matt? "Utilitarian" giant speedo smack in the center of the console ..."
I'm sorry but every "sports car" lost any semblance of attractiveness to me once they started putting ugly HID pods under acrylic glass. The Corvette was one of the last holdouts.

Covered headlights rock. GMs mechanisms for them were junk lol

But yes, tach should always be in the middle:D

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

-g
Gen 5 Supra? What about this? :tongue:

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Gee .. almost everybody here hates it. Big surprise. :rolleyes: Not that most of you guys could afford it anyways. ;)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts