TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep gettin this check engine that will go away after being reset. Also, i'm only gettin about 15.5 mpg so im thinking it might b O2 sensors since they haven't been replaced yet. Anyone wanna let me borrow thier code reader or recommend a nice, cheap one so that i can finally buy one.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Dude, just go to Autozone and they will scan it for you for free

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
They may say that but the 94 to 97 bird all have the same scan port. A lot of people don't realise that the 94 was OBD2 because Ford was not required to be OBD2 compliant until 1996. All 4.6 Tbirds are OBD2. If they won't help you find someone who will because a check engine light can be any one of several hundred codes

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone have any ideas on how i would suggest to the know it alls at autozone that theyre wrong? Even If i told them theyd prob tell me iwas wrong.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
go to autozone rent the code reader go out in the parking lot where they can see u and scan your codes then walk back in and return it. that way you get your codes read, you prove them wrong and you make them feel stupid.

or you can tell them its a 97, they wont know the difference.

Frank

·
Registered
43 Posts
My check engine light is on all the time after i reset it too. I had the same problem with my Crown Victoria, I dont remember what the problem was but it cost $385 to fix it =(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts