TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a while I had a check engine light come on and today i scanned the computer. The code " P1443 " popped out. Can anyone please tell me what it is and what could be done to fix it. Appreciate the help. Thanx.

Sleepyhead

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
haha i retrieved the same code from my car today.... (P1443)....so anyways..... the scanner said evap. purge system malfunction..... so how would i go about fixing the problem.... i noticed my gas cap doesnt make a tight seal and i was told that coudl be the problem?? any help please?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I don't know for sure, but I would guess that you might need to replace the purge solonoid.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright i checkd my gas cap also and it wasnt sealed properly. I changed it to a new one and cleared the codes. The check engine light came back on today, after maybe 1.5 days with it off. What else can I do to fix this problem. Please help, cant pass emissions with it.

Sleepyhead

·
Registered
288 Posts
this post is getting old, but ive got probly the best answer you're gonna find

Ive had this light for quite a long time and from all my research, it could be one of 4 things.
Bad vaccuum line. Mine are pretty well corroded @ 110k miles but still seal fine. they're cheap and easy to replace while you're working on this problem, there are like 3-4 2" rubber lines, the rest is plastic.
The gas cap, from what ive seen, this never fixes the problem. $10 or so
Purge flow sensor, seems to be the most common $30
Purge Control valve, more likely than gas cap, but still not oftern, $60

and finally just a lil bit ago I found the procedure to test the system to figure out what the problem is.

http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m0BQA/2_81/83551918/p1/article.jhtml

its a pain to get to the canister and purge valve from underneath, they're located right under the passenger side headlight, you can see them if you look down behind it. I'm waiting for the rain to stop so i can fix this problem. I'll be removing the headlamp assembly for a project so luckily ill be able to get at it from the top.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts