TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so i got a check engine light on and i had it put on the computer at autozone. Came back it was a ford specific code, meaning it wasn't released to the obd-2 scanner people. Ford says that code is different from thier codes and that i wil have to pay 60 bucks to figure out whats wrong when i can't tell any change at all. The code is p1406 if anyone can help me. Hopefully someone knows the equivalent ford code. Thanks.

·
8,239 Posts
P1406 Differential Pressure Feedback Electronic Sensor circuit Downstream Hose.

I wouldn't know what to do with that one, maybe one of the gurus will say what it means.

I would clear the code first, and see if it comes back, if it does then service the car.

Justin

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
Start off by checking the hose connecting the DPFE sensor to the EGR Tube. This picture will help you to locate one end of the downstream hose (this is all located at the rear of the engine, sort of close to the throttle body). If the hose and/or sensor is plugged up, or disconnected, replacing or reconnecting it/them may resolve the problem. Reset the PCM. If the code persists after all this, then a DPFE sensor is in order.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts