TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home from work, and right as I was nearing my house my check engine light came on. Lately, the last 3-4 tanks of gas have gotten REALLY bad gas milage.. im talking like 10-14mpg. I dont know if the weather has anything to do with it, but we are getting snow alot. I have changed the oil every 3 thousand miles, and also clean the MAF sensor regularly. Do you think the bad gas milage is the cause of the check engine light? Maybe its running to rich/lean or something. What do you think I should do from here?

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
hows aboot scanning to see what the codes are? :) have an autozone or an advance auto nearby? or maybe a friend w/ a 9100 flasher or xcal2?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the double post... but I went to autozone, and about after 5 min of convincing the guy it was ob2, and that the port was underneath the glove box, we got it scanned. It came up with one code: P1407 He said it was a manufacter code, so he couldnt tell me what it meant. Anyone know? EDIT- After running a search I came up with this P1407: EGR NO FLOW DETECTED What does this mean, and should I still drive the car until it gets fixed?

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
P1407 -- a regular culprit in this code is a faulty DPFE sensor, and/or a faulty EGR vacuum regulator...it's possible the EGR valve is damaged, but I'd suspect the other two components first.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You Need To Pull Off The Throttle Body ....

Check The Pathway After The Egr On The Lower Intake Manifold Chances Are It Is All Clogged Up. Wire Brush And Some Sea Foam Should Do.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
if the vacuum line from the EGR to the vacuum regulator solenoid in front of the passenger side valve cover has broken or is damaged, it could also throw that code, as that happened to me....its the green hard vacuum line, at least on my '97 it is

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have an apointment to take it in to the shop on Monday. Unfortunately for me, I dont know much about how to work on a car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts