TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the exhaust setup I'm going with on my '95 LX build. I wanted some nascar-style but Dr. Gas and others only sell the boom tubes in mild steel and I wanted to use stainless.
After doing a few 3D solid models on the computer machine, I came up with this design. They're 24" on the long side and 10.96" on the opening.

I emailed the DXF to our local water jet guy then bent them in a brake. I'm headed out today to TIG up all the baffles & cans. You're all probably wondering why there isn't a funnel shape going to 2" pipe. There will be soon. I was just too lazy to model it, but, yea it's coming.

http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/m571/Triston30/

Enjoy!:)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Nice! What are you going to do regarding fuel tank heat shielding though?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Wicked! This was one of my original ideas for an exhaust system. I was wanting it to exit out both sides before the rear wheels. Post pics when finished and let us know how you got around to heat shielding the gas tank.

·
Registered
407 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks for the positive comments guys!!

Well, I decided early on that if I wanted to do this type of exhaust I'd be pulling the gas tank to make room. We're going to cut the rocker and box it in with sheet metal and then cut a rectangle hole in the SC body kit; We're also putting a fuel cell in the trunk. It's turning into "if you want to do this, you need to do that... and to do that, you need to do this first..." and where does it end?!

Since the car has been down for new white paint last fall (Ford PW white), I've decided to go ahead and do all the goodies I've been dreaming of... double din DVD, T45 swap, tint, PBR/bolt pattern swap, wheels & tires, custom exhaust...

It's a lot of work and money, but believe me- there was not one MN12 at the last car show here last summer. I hope you guys don't get the impression I'm some wealthy a**hole with nothing better to spend his money on... I work full time as an engineering technician while going to school full time and paying cash for classes. I work my F*ing butt off to support my cars and education. I'm very, very fortunate to have my old man that loves me and lets me use his milling machine anytime I like. (shifter extension box).

Back to the subject though, I think I'll need to put in a set of those Summit universal air bags to keep the rear from squatting with a full fuel cell.
I'm thinking I can re-use the OE in-tank pump in the FC. If anyone has been down this road, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks again for looking and commenting guys!
Triston

And thanks a lot to N8tiveJuggalo17, aka Jeremy for giving me a killer deal on the Eibachs. He honored his word and sent me the springs asap! Thanks for the drop bro!
Triston

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
It's turning into "if you want to do this, you need to do that... and to do that, you need to do this first..." and where does it end?!

Since the car has been down for new white paint last fall (Ford PW white)

It's a lot of work and money, but believe me- there was not one MN12 at the last car show here last summer. I hope you guys don't get the impression I'm some wealthy a**hole with nothing better to spend his money on... I work full time as an engineering technician while going to school full time and paying cash for classes. I work my F*ing butt off to support my cars and education. I'm very, very fortunate to have my old man that loves me and lets me use his milling machine anytime I like. (shifter extension box).

Triston
1. It never ends.

2. That sucks your going to cut into fresh paint. Nice work you ve been doing.

3. Thats ok even if you were a rich @sshole at least you have good taste. If I was a rich @sshole Id spend all my money on my bird and my kid

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
If you run heat shielding you should be fine. Mine came off and It was an exceptionally hot day, which is why the tank melted. The fuel cell is the best option. Thats what I'm doing. Looks cool though.

-steve

·
Registered
839 Posts
And thanks a lot to N8tiveJuggalo17, aka Jeremy for giving me a killer deal on the Eibachs. He honored his word and sent me the springs asap! Thanks for the drop bro!
Triston
No problem bro!:thumbsup: Glad i could help out, Just keep modding and loving the t-bird like its a child!:crazy: lol jk. Good luck with future mods, Take care!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's been a while but the exhaust is finally coming together! I'm still planning on doing a heat shield on the side skirts so they don't melt.

Didn't have a very up-close pic but I'll get more up in the next day or two.

Thanks for looking-
Triston

·
Registered
407 Posts
It's been a while but the exhaust is finally coming together! I'm still planning on doing a heat shield on the side skirts so they don't melt.

Didn't have a very up-close pic but I'll get more up in the next day or two.

Thanks for looking-
Triston
hey,if you'd wanna make another set for less than the dr.gass pice i'd be interested

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't remember what Dr. Gas costs but I was $200 in water-jetting/materials. That's before a few hours on the TIG. I'll take a look at Dr. gas later tonight.

Triston

·
Super Moderator
12,254 Posts
Nice work Triston. If I'm ever out your way I'll give you a shout. I had worked there about two years ago. I know the area pretty well. That's some beautiful country out there.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Trunk-
I saw your post about staying at the Richland Holiday Inn when you were in town last (2009?). I wasn't on TCCoA at the time, but I can see the Richland Holiday Inn from my house.

Let me know when you're coming through town next. We'll take my bird out for a ride (and maybe a local watering hole).

Triston

·
Registered
407 Posts
I don't remember what Dr. Gas costs but I was $200 in water-jetting/materials. That's before a few hours on the TIG. I'll take a look at Dr. gas later tonight.

Triston
alright bro,thanks:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts