Discussion Starter #1
Saleen Tbird
damn thas one fine a$$ tbird
i wouldn't mind ownin:ztoohot:
:xpp: Drool

·
Administrator
14,210 Posts
Yeah, I don't care for the spoilers, the fast back is nice though.

At least he didn't put in an engine that will blow up every 5,000 miles.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Did they mod the 3.9 280hp engine? Did they drop in another? SuperCharge it? Mod the 3.9 250hp? Have they done anything at all to make it go faster? I shall admit though, i'm not a big fan of the new t-bird look, but wow, that does look nice.

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
comon... a saleen without a blower? yeesh

·
Registered
801 Posts
DANNNGGGG that $hit looks PHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im gettin me one of dem!!!!!!!

Marvin M.

·
Administrator
14,210 Posts
jordansypek said:
comon... a saleen without a blower? yeesh
This is a good thing considering how long engines last that Saleen touches. This one is just meant to compete with the ricers.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
No, they didn't.
well from what i got off another page yes they did

Saleen Series IV twin-screw supercharger - - 365 hp

KABOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hey Shadow

I have a couple of guys here at work that I showed the new Saleen T-Bird too. We all agreed that it looked pretty good... except for that stupid chopped up spoiler in the back. (They could have at least somehow rounded the inside edge instead of leaving a flat side that looks like they just chopped out a chunk.)

These guys both own Mustangs, are in there 30's and are into cars. One of them owns a Saleen which he wrecked and left with a repair shop in New York. They both saw your comment about the engine and wondered where you (so they can see it) got the information about Saleen engines failing after a short amount of time. They both disagreed with your views and figured you were just jonesing for something you couldn't afford. ;) I'd like to know just in case I win the lottery and decide to buy one of his rigs.

Don't kill the messenger! Just curious.:)

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Re: Hey Shadow

CyLum said:
I have a couple of guys here at work that I showed the new Saleen T-Bird too. We all agreed that it looked pretty good... except for that stupid chopped up spoiler in the back. (They could have at least somehow rounded the inside edge instead of leaving a flat side that looks like they just chopped out a chunk.)

These guys both own Mustangs, are in there 30's and are into cars. One of them owns a Saleen which he wrecked and left with a repair shop in New York. They both saw your comment about the engine and wondered where you (so they can see it) got the information about Saleen engines failing after a short amount of time. They both disagreed with your views and figured you were just jonesing for something you couldn't afford. ;) I'd like to know just in case I win the lottery and decide to buy one of his rigs.

Don't kill the messenger! Just curious.:)
actually he is correct, someone did a study and figured out the percentage of saleens with engine failure within like 36,000 miles and it was disturbing the number, if i can find it ill get you the actuall numbers as i dont remember what it was. for some reason 18% comes to mind.

·
Administrator
14,210 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Interesting info

The guy who owns the crashed Saleen, threw out the same argument that was in that thread; how they've won at many of the elite races in the world, etc.
He also believes that if the failures of the car were as bad as is claimed here that he would have heard about through a recall or a ground swell on the net... he's heard neither.
(As much as we'd like to think that the cars that we buy are the same thing that's run at these races,... ahh no.)

But, if the claims that the people have made in that thread are accurate, I'd have to agree that they aren't worth the money. My Bird brand new was $18K+... (the Saleen Mustang is $40K+)... wouldn't it be nice to dump that extra $20K into the Bird and see what I could come up with... hmmmmm.

There are 2 reasons that I'd rather build up my Bird than a Mustang; I have a big family and traveling is comfortable... and I can take a 15 minute drive down the main road in my city and see at least 20+ Mustangs in that time, and I mean every day... I don't want the same car EVERYBODY has.

I didn't see a cost on that Saleen T-Bird, but I'll bet it's expensive. Anybody know?

Thanks for the info Shadow! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Haha, modding a retro car to look modern......
The 02 interior is way too retro to look saleen like.

He should have waited for an 03 bird.
Factory silver paint, modern gauges, 280HP (02 has only 252).

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i have two criticisms... if they woulda found a way to de-curvize the front end and if they would have made thespoiler one piece, itd look awesome. the rear left quarter shot of the car looks sweet. but the front end is too happy-go-lucky looking for a car that is supposed to be fast, sleeper or not. -greg

·
Registered
128 Posts
A built T-Bird is unique

CyLum said:

There are 2 reasons that I'd rather build up my Bird than a Mustang; I have a big family and traveling is comfortable... and I can take a 15 minute drive down the main road in my city and see at least 20+ Mustangs in that time, and I mean every day... I don't want the same car EVERYBODY has.
I have had more comments and thumbs up on my T-Bird than any car I've ever had. I've had a Vette and a Porsche that were just like any other one. I love my T-Bird. Mustangs mostly are a dime a dozen. There are so many of them. A built T-Bird is unique.

·
Registered
288 Posts
1) Saleen is a TOONER, not a Tuner. I remember every magazine test done on a Saleen has something breaking on the car.
2) The tag on that Thunderbird Travesty was estimated at 70K.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts