Sedan?! XD

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
I soooooo want to troll that dude. lol

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
If you have svt on your car its a svt model. We have tons of svt tbirds on this forum, lol

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Only 89844 miles because that's when the odometer gear stripped. I wish my XR7 had the SVT 3.8.:facepalm:
Its not always the gear that strips .. the electronics can fail as well. But as clean as the car looks, id say its probably all original miles - its not unheard of to see a low mileage car.

You would have the SVT 3.8 if your car was a SC. :tongue:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Lol, I got that 3.8L SVT motor in my Taurus

:tongue:

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Lol, I got that 3.8L SVT motor in my Taurus

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/tauruskev/twagon/IMG_1259.jpg

:tongue:[/QUOTE]

Dude, that's awesome! Do you realize how RARE those are!?!?!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Indeed it's a very rare Ford.

Factory Picnic table, which apparently wasn't even listed as an option, but still on my car. I'd love to do some performance to it as well... But that AXOD-E... I don't trust it...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nice. So in your case SVT means Spontaneous Vittles Table. Ha!

·
Super Moderator
11,876 Posts
If you have svt on your car its a svt model. We have tons of svt tbirds on this forum, lol
LOL

Well, some can back the claim up and some can't ... :D

Myself and CorbraRThunder being among them...

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
LOL

Ive had an SVT emblem sitting on the shelf for the past 5 years, just havent got around to putting it onto my DOHC Tbird yet. Its sort of nice to not advertise whats actually under the hood - I dont even have V8 emblems on it. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
LOL

There's one NC guy here actually has documentation... I think his car is white or something... Lol:tongue:

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
CobraRThunderbird here in Tally had those emblems and his SVO power could back it up as well.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mmmmm, always love any clean Bird :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The fact that it is only a v6 and an early 90's Bird, no v8 or SC means no real value, and an SVT badge that you can buy off e bay for 15.95 doesn't ad $1600 more of value to a plain jane stock car ever. I wouldn't even think it to be foolish if the SVT badge just showed up in the pictures, it was the fact he literally advertised it as an SVT Thunderbird in the ad. If you want to put on a badge go for it, no one really cares, sure it may get somebody on the road to gawk at you or rev it at you to see if your car can live up to it's image, but no harm no foul. Just don't advertise it as such it is just wrong and plain ignorant, even if he had a supercharged V8 the proper advertisement is SVT-Clone, or it is just as bad as someone selling a Lemans as a GTO Judge and trying to get the price of a GTO Judge when it hasn't had anything done to it but emblems and badging. In the car world that is a huge no no.

There are some really good clones of this car not only here but just floating out there in general and they are done the way that the person who owns them thinks the way it should have been done if Ford had executed the decision to produce it to the masses of the course of the Thunderbird's production, some have cobra wheels, emblems and supercharged v8's sohc and dohc, there's really no wrong way unless you are trying to make the exact one that Ford had created then you better research long and hard how it is supposed to be. Just don't expect it to ad a lot of value to your car cause it wont.

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts