TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Like Titles Matter
Joined
·
2,129 Posts
LOL at least 3/4 of a second off on every vehicle I plugged into it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kdanner said:
LOL at least 3/4 of a second off on every vehicle I plugged into it.
slower or faster?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
Why doesn't either the trap speed or the ET vary with tire height? I messed around with sizes between 27 and 20" and the only thing that changes is the trap RPM. Shouldn't tire height have some sort of effect on the numbers?

Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
95LX said:
Why doesn't either the trap speed or the ET vary with tire height? I messed around with sizes between 27 and 20" and the only thing that changes is the trap RPM. Shouldn't tire height have some sort of effect on the numbers?

Jim
yeah I agree, the extra mass of a bigger tire should definitly slow your ET down... also the "gear" size doesnt effect the ET either... just rpm
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
4,161 Posts
The number of shifts thing just adds 2 tenths for each shift you have. Does that seem right? .4 seconds just for shifting? Seems long to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Sir William said:
The number of shifts thing just adds 2 tenths for each shift you have. Does that seem right? .4 seconds just for shifting? Seems long to me.
2 tenths might be accurate for a manual shift.

It is hard to get a VERY accurate reading if we dont know our exact dyno rear wheel hp... and a stall converter alone can drop your ET by 5 tenths... it would be great if they could add rpm launch speed.... or ... since this is an rx7 site im assuming they are calculating for a manual tranny launch.... so for those that dont have a stall converter maybe can add about 3-5 tenths... hmmm :confused:
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
14,208 Posts
Dynos don't factor in gearing or stall. If you can get the same power to the ground quicker than someone else, you are going to be faster than someone else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,178 Posts
off by a tenth and over 3mph... not all that great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
[email protected] with an estimated 240RWHP

I don't think it's accurate, I don't think I'm down in the 14's quite yet. Even at sea level.
 

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
Joined
·
3,186 Posts
with me guess at my horsepwoer it had me at 13.45 @ 98.5 my actual best was 13.75 @ 101.72

Frank
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
it gave me a 15.9 for the tbird, which is right on the dot.

gave me a 13.2 for the dsm. now i really cant wait till track day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,746 Posts
Yes most rx7s are five speeds and most cars gears are set up so you wont even hit fourth gear before the end of teh track
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top