TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IF YOUR ARE THE JEALOUS TYPE, LEAVE NOW!!!

A guy at work told me the other day that his niebor had a couple of T-birds just sitting in their front yard. I asked him if he could check on them and get some info for me. Today he tells me that there is one right off the road, and that they know that one of them is Turbo charged. They are pretty sure that they can sell them, but the owner is the land owners mother, he needs to aske her. The guy I work with only saw the one sitting near the road. I drove out there today and this is what happened....

This is the first car that I saw. It is a 83-84 TC 5-speed. The body looks a little rough, and the pics make them look worse than it really is. If any of you remember, this is my all time dream car. (Sorry, crappy phone pics.)

I stood there for a while drooling over the TC. I was in love. I was checking out the interior when I noticed another bird, this time an MN12 sitting back a little futher. I first thougt that it was prob just a base V6. As I walked closer to the car I noticed the wheels, then the GFX. Thats right its an SC. The beauty of this car is that it is in great shape. Paint great. Interior near perfect (drivers seat is NOT torn). Here are the pics.

I was told that both cars do not run. We all know what is most likely wrong with the SC!!!! As for the TC, it would just be alot of fun to work on. Jealous yet???

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
SCORE!

I'd grab them both.

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
94T-Bird said:
Why is that your dream car?
Because TurboCoupes ROCK.

AND THE SILVER MAKES YER EYES DANCE, GET IIIIIIIIT!!!!!

awesome dude. I'm lookin for a turbocoupe right now too.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Some needs to buy that man a weed wacker.
Good Find!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
C'mon its eastern Kentucky you get lucky to see a lawn mower. Anyway, if I can afford them I will have to find a place to keep them. My idea is to fix the SC and then sell it putting any profit into covering some bills and usuing the rest on the TC. If I get a chance I will drive out there today and see how bad it is under the hood of each car. My dream car is a 83-86 TC because I have always loved those years over any other year Bird, and its a 5 speed, that makes it a hundred times better.

If I cannot afford them or can't find a place to store them: I will then give the location of these cars along with the price that they want. I want to see each of these cars back on the road, and we all know that the longer they sit the worse it is on the cars. Ill keep you guys updated. BTW, if you know anyone with some extra room for cars in this area let me know.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I would love to have an 87-88 5-speed Turbo Coupe, but I definitely wouldn't turn the other years down. I'd grab that one. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im gonna get the TC, most likely. The guy said he believes that the TC has a cracked head, easy fix...well, for me anyway. As for the SC, get this, it was running when they parked it. Nothing was wrong with it. The owners moved to Flordia and left the car here in KY. If they ask too much for the SC, to the point I can't afford it, would anyone here be willing to save it. As soon as I get a price I will relay here. I don't want to see another SC go down due to stupid people.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Tell the owner that if the cars sit there much longer they will be worth nothing. I'd point out all the bad points and offer a couple hundred for each and see where that leads you.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
If you offer to mow the lawn they may just give em to you! :D:D

·
Registered
658 Posts
lightevergreenfrost said:
Im gonna get the TC, most likely. The guy said he believes that the TC has a cracked head, easy fix...well, for me anyway. As for the SC, get this, it was running when they parked it. Nothing was wrong with it. The owners moved to Flordia and left the car here in KY. If they ask too much for the SC, to the point I can't afford it, would anyone here be willing to save it. As soon as I get a price I will relay here. I don't want to see another SC go down due to stupid people.
I would be willing to save the SC depending on price. Let me know.

Oh is the SC a 5spd as well?

Shane

·
Registered
653 Posts
cougar_guy04 said:
[Jeff Foworthy voice]If you've ever mowed your yard and found a car . . . you might be a redneck[/Jeff Foxworthy voice]

Nice finds
:uppoint: :uppoint: :uppoint:

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
quick35th said:
I would be willing to save the SC depending on price. Let me know.

Oh is the SC a 5spd as well?

Shane
Im sorry its not :( I really wish it was. The interior is grey and like I said it look perfect. There is a seat cover on the drivers seat, it covers everything but the bottom and bolster on the door side. Im going back out there Wed, I will get more pics and hopefully will be able to look under the hoods. Im hoping that they will next to let me just have them, but Im prob dereaming there. Ill keep ya updated on everything.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update and Prices!!!!

Well, I got the prices today. But first, the SC has only been sitting for 3 months and is sitting because the lock cylinder is broke, but the car was running without any problems. I am gonna check on mileage and HG's when I go out there later this week. As for the TC, it has been sitting "a little longer". I want it bad.
Anyway, the prices
TC: $400
SC:$2500

I think Im gonna offer less for the TC but since the SC was running and will again will very little work I cannot afford it. They do want to sell both so if you want the SC (the TC is mine) let me know and I will get more info for you and possible better pics if I can get by their dog to get to the car.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I would try to get the SC if it was a 5spd car. Thanks anyways!

Shane

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Wow, $400 for that TC. I have bought fully running cars for $400. I would see about offering $250 and see what they counter offer that. Eitherway, good find and best of luck and whatever you buy. Keep us posted on progress with it too.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think when I talk to him Im gonna laugh at the $400 and offer $200 or less. If the SC were not an auto I would try for it, but who would really want an auto. I hate to do it, but the SC is prob gonna have to sit a rot at that price. BTW, these cars are in Wilmore Ky, just south of Lexington. Ill keep you guys updated.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts