TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,810 Posts
Why you got to hate on the strips! I think it sets it off.
1. It's a poseur look (betcha it's a stock Lo po 5.0 under the hood), 2. the stripe size and spacing is incorrect for Shelby stripes, and 3. the fact that the rest of the body is factory medium scarlet says the owner bought the car as a cream puff, and rather than keep it that way and add substance, they exclaimed "I know what will set this off" and raided the hardware store for some white krylon and store brand masking tape. Exercise restraint.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Eh, because someone builds the exterior of a car a certain way you would label them a poseur? Its not like he has a thousand stickers or his license plate reads 2f2f. Maybe he just enjoyed the look of the racing strips and has no glorious dreams of becoming the next 1/4 mile record setter. Your second point I find funny, all "racing" strips must conform to a regulation? Then we should just conform to grandpa grocery getters.

Now yes maybe because of the time frame this car suffered from the 90's fast and the furious era, even so im just glad to see someone taking car of an older car, it could of been rotted out POS.

·
Super Moderator
16,810 Posts
It could BE a rotted out POS, Ground effects can cover up a lot of unpleasant things...and also inhibit them.

And give me a break, I'm not ashamed about how these cars came from the factory, and for already unloved looked down on cars it's way cooler to surprise naysayers by embracing enhancing the merits they came with rather than pretend to be something it isn't, especially if the "looks" can't be backed up. For all I know that thing's got a blown 408w under the hood though, in that case I'll get off my soapbox :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts