TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what I've got

I have codes

327 - EGR Valve Position (EVP) sensor, Pressure Feedback EGR sensor (PFE) or EGR Pressure Transducer (EPT) -signal voltage too low.

Could this just be the EGR clogged or more specifically the hole going into the throttle body clogged or do I need to change the sensor?

536 - Brake On-Off (BOO) switch - circuit failure or not activated during Engine Run Self Test.

Don't know. I think I most likely messed up when running the codes. The book says something about activating the on off switch. Would that be just hitting the E-brake to make the light come on?

A while back before I knew to clean my MAF this car was in pretty bad shape. I thought the tranny was going because it wouldn't shift and the car would want to shut off when started. I had my friends dad check the codes on his Snap On scanner. I can't remember what all the codes were but one had to do with the fuel pump.

After we checked the codes I cleaned the MAF and the car ran fine. Would a dirty MAF cause the fuel pump to throw a code? It seems feasible in that the MAF being dirty wouldn't register the air going in so it would cut down the amount of fuel.(Right?) That's why the car was running like crap?

Would the fuel pump throw a code because of the MAF is what I'm wondering. The code didn't show up when I checked them this time so apparently it has went away.

Anyone have any input?

·
Registered
814 Posts
If it's the original EGR i would say it's probably clogged. If not the EGR itself the tube may be.
With the fuel pump, it will not throw a code. But because the Maf was dirty the computer thinks it's running different then what it says which will throw a code. The fuel pump doesn't cut pressure. The filter can and also the regulator can bypass pressure if it's stuck open. or if there is a vacuum leak in the line to the regulator.

·
Registered
970 Posts
is the 327 code a Key On - Engine Off code?

if so, look into replacing the PFE sensor.

was talking to someone before about this when I had a problem on another one of my vehicles (same general code) and they mentioned with the engine off it's typically limited to an electrical issue. Engine on and it may be mechanical.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it's the original EGR i would say it's probably clogged. If not the EGR itself the tube may be.
The EGR valve was replaced around 2-3 years ago. The tube had a crack in it. So we pulled it off and welded it closed and put a new EGR valve on while it was off.

is the 327 code a Key On - Engine Off code?
I got the code on KOEO and KOER

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
sounds like you have a vacuum leak. the first thing to do would be to replace all the lines, vacuum line is so cheap, and if thats it its easy. you may not have welded it as good as you think you did, and have a leak there too. or your tranducer may have gone bad for some reason.

·
Resident redneck
1,921 Posts
had codes 326 and 327 last year about this time. come this past march the codes went away and the car ran fine again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts