TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While replacing my motor mounts the smurf sat in the driveway for about 5 weeks. Upon re-entry to drive it smelled musty in there. Figured it was from the humidity and being closed up for so long. The musty has since dissipated, but I have a chemical smell in the mornings. Opening the windows or vents / fan dissipates the smell fairly quickly. The carpet is not moist, the a/c blows cold, coolant level & color is good, Temp gauge does not bounce like it would if an air bubble was in the system. Any thoughts? I can't place the smell. She's a 96 Cougar 4.6 stock. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Have you cleaned the vinyl interior lately? Could be residue from whatever product you used and now the humidity is bringing it out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Try using one of the vent cleaning products - such as the one by Interdynamics IDQ A/C & Heater Duct Cleaner or Armor All at Advanced Auto Parts.

Older cars don't have cabin air filters - so all that stuff accumulates at the bottom of the vent housing and gives that musty smell- especially when it's humid. The vent cleaners get sprayed into the intakes (and the vents) - follow directions - and sanitize the mold stuff. It works quite well. Used a couple time on my '96 TBird - end of odors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts