1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
290 Posts
When I was a little boy and dad was a Ford Dealer, someone traded in one of these... I've always wanted one since then but never got around to looking for one. Now they're classics and I can't afford one as a toy, and they'd make a lousy daily driver! But gotta admit, they'd be a lot of fun to drive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Manx-style-VW-Dune-Buggy-/170881721449?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item27c9582469
It's Speed Buggy! You're right, I've always thought one of those would be a lot of fun.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Yep I remember one back home when I was a teenager it had a Porsche Turbo engine on it :eek:

·
pendejo
430 Posts
A guy my father worked with owned one, he blew the motor and ran into issues swapping in one of a different year, or displacement, or something along those lines. About four years ago I asked my father if he thought the guy would consider selling it... BUT he had just sold it about a month before that for $1000... I missed my chance.

On the bright side it got a complete restoration which is a far better fate than it would have met in my hands.

·
Registered
173 Posts
When I was a little boy and dad was a Ford Dealer, someone traded in one of these... I've always wanted one since then but never got around to looking for one. Now they're classics and I can't afford one as a toy, and they'd make a lousy daily driver! But gotta admit, they'd be a lot of fun to drive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Manx-style-VW-Dune-Buggy-/170881721449?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item27c9582469
When I was a a kid (I'm 50 now), I thought a dune bugy was about the coolest car you could have.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
You must live in the wrong place for these, because I regularly see them both for sale reasonably priced, and driving around. Sure we have 360+ days that a car with no top can be driven, and easy access to beach like areas (okay, desert dunes, only missing the water).

At the dunes you will see an old school Manx along side a 120,000 dollar LS1 or WRX powered buggy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts