TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if there are any Dodge tuners that are half as good as what we have here in the Ford world? The chip is for my father’s truck and he is mainly concerned with getting better gas mileage. Someone told him about Gale Banks and Superchips and he wanted me to look into it. I found that Gale Banks basically just sells various bolt-on kits, and I know Superchips aren’t all that great for transmissions. Would a Superchip be ok if they don’t edit any transmission files? Recommendations welcome :)

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Gale Banks for diesels is like Dennis for Thunderbirds. Anyhting from him is good. You might also want to check out Bully Dog and their chips. Most diesels show a very significant increase in torque and horsepower from the addition of a chip. My dads friend got a chip for his F-350 Turbo Diesel and had is put on a dyno to see what the increase really was. His trunk came to around 150 more hp and close to 200 mroe ft. lb. of torque.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
all the chips are doing for the diesel engines are raising the boost. I'm not sure if the Cummins in the dodge is a mechanical injection or electronic injection.

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you know if Gale Banks makes a chip at all? Like I said my dad is mainly looking for better gas mileage, hes not really looking for more power. I kind of dont like the idea of turning up the boost as he is more concerned with longevity.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
If thats all hes worried about than its fine stock. Any chip will give more power and less gas mileage. Diesels last forever so I wouldn't really worry about it.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Aaron K. said:
Do you know if Gale Banks makes a chip at all? Like I said my dad is mainly looking for better gas mileage, hes not really looking for more power. I kind of dont like the idea of turning up the boost as he is more concerned with longevity.
Aaron,

i know Pat Stadjel the guy who runs diablosport....i see him quite a bit at the P..they have a "powerpuck" for the Diesels...i have his number somewhere, do you want to talk to him about programming. His shop is in Boca.

joseph

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Great Obucina said:

Aaron,

i know Pat Stadjel the guy who runs diablosport....i see him quite a bit at the P..they have a "powerpuck" for the Diesels...i have his number somewhere, do you want to talk to him about programming. His shop is in Boca.

joseph
Yeah, that would be great Joe, Thanks :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts