TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to get a chip for my car, I'm thinking about gettign an apten, but how is their customer service? Can I tell them that I want it programmed to run no cats, a 180'stat, 22c Plugs, and a K&N Fipk. I know Rienhart Auto makes them too, and that they have good customer service but they cost a litlle more, but it's probably worth it.
Anyway right now I've got a Dynomax Cat back, and a gutted 3rd cat. I want to get my precats removed and a y-pipe put in, in place of the gutted 3rd cat. Right now it just sounds way to quiet and tame for me, I had no mufflers for a while but it sounded a little ricey. I'm think of either going catless with the Dynomax ST's, catless with two glasspacks in the stock muffler locations, or going catless with one glasspck further back in the exhaust, probably the longest I can fit behind teh y-pipe, or going catless with a magnaflow resonater behin the y-pipe. What should i do? Thanks for any help.:D

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Apten has great service. I would recommend Brian (Apten) to anyone! I just dealt with Brian and he goes out of his way to help! I am having some pinging problems with my new chip and he is helping me get down to the problem too.

And yes he will burn the chip to fit your needs.

;)

·
Registered
724 Posts
I'll second that. Brain has been very helpfull to me in the past and I wasnt even looking to buy anything from him. But I will be in the future.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, i will be pruchasing my chip form Brian. What do you guys think on the exhaust?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm kind of going against the glasspacks now, I don't want it to sound like a truck. lol
But i'm still not sure what to do. What do you guys think?. How much do you think I'll gain with the chip? what all will it do?

·
Registered
148 Posts
The chip and exhaust have nothing to do with each other. I would reccomend 40 series flowmasters, or i've heard dynomax has made some good exhaust systems.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Um, if you want to run a catless exhaust you need to get a chip or Mil eliminators, or your check engine light will come on, my signature says that I already have a dynomax cat-back (no sound) which is way to quiet. Right now I have no mufflers and no 3rd cat, but I'm not too impressed with the whole no mufflers thing, sometime it sounds like a rice burner.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts